0: Mara

How long has it been?

You don't know and you'd rather not know, since everyone you know is already eaten by Mara or killed anyway, so there's no point in it.

But why is it that you're still breathing calmly as inhumane structures grow out of you? Who knows, maybe Yaoshi has taken a liking to you and make your cells a bit special, but that's just a hypothesis you made in your tired unconsciousness.

Right, tired unconsciousness. You've slept for so long that you can think while sleeping, not a talent you'd brag about though. However it's pretty useful when you're just sitting in this eight-feet square prison in a meditating position for eternity, you're bored as hell and sleepy as hell.

Damn that stupid gas, if only it isn't there you can break out of this and punch the person whoever thinks this is a good idea.

Well, it is their only option though, since successfully killing you would be like a miracle in itself.

You slightly open your eyes tiredly and glances up towards an ingenia that's been monitoring you ever since, you've grown used to this sight whenever you wake up (if you do that is).

Looking back with slight movement of your stiff head, you saw the growth of wings just increased to six, three on each side. The wings are like trees, slowly growing out even more with tiny branches and golden leaves of Mara, it's like growing another part to spread it's ugly infection.

Near the wings and on it, there's more bone structures now. It's sharp and looks more pointless than it's ever been.

You also noticed some of the leaves now growing on your already long hair, not maintained properly due to being in this cell for centuries. There's also some growing on your skin and face, but not enough to make it disgusting, mostly aesthetically pleasing.

To you that is.

Great, now you look like a tree.

Shuffling slightly and raising your head to crack some stiff joints, you look straight ahead and directly at the ingenia.

Alright, let's do this once again.

Then you cracked your knuckles, before smashing the wall beside you. Alerting the alarm that's loud enough for you to hear its muffled sound inside, with that done you simply yawn and wait whoever is the current marshal is to handle this situation.

After all, your patience beats immortality itself.

---

A/N:
This is a fanfic for fun, so it will not have a consistent upload schedule or a consistent lore accurate stuff even though I played this game myself

Although, I really wanna write a Honkai Star Rail fanfic with a Marastruck protagonist

So this is what came of that thought and idea

That doesn't mean I'll continue Fenghuang's Legacy though, I literally have zero ideas for it man, give me a break...