—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple hours of job hunting later, Peter stopped at an old building that hadn't seemed to be in use by any other homeless person. Probably because he had to use his abilities to even get inside. But either way he climbed into what looked to be an old warehouse. It was fairly small for a warehouse. It was probably about the size of a football field, maybe slightly bigger. The doors and windows were completely boarded up with 2x4's and metal sheets. He came through a rusted out bit on the top corner of the 30 foot tall building. It was dark and smelled sorta weird but it was better than nothing. He stayed in the light from the hole he came through, the sun giving him enough light to see. He dumped out his bag, not fully having gone through it when he showered. He came out with his wallet, old clothes, suit, a box of 6 granola bars which he instantly opened two and ate them, a thin rolled up blanket, the soap he used earlier, a travel size deodorant, and a few extra pairs of boxers and socks. He reorganized everything in there, keeping all his wet clothes out and hanging up his suit and clothes on an old railing that ran along the side of the building. He laid out his small blanket on the concrete floor in the middle of the sunny circle. Setting his backpack on top and checking the rest of the warehouse to make sure it was safe and there were no other openings. After walking and climbing around the warehouse twice, once to check the second one because he was sure he might have missed something. He found a small mouse house and a busted window too high for anyone to reach but him. He nodded in satisfaction and laid down on his blanket to get as good of a rest he could for the upcoming exam. He slowly fell into a not so peaceful sleep as he dreamed about his universe.

'He felt like he was watching a movie. He couldn't move as scenes flicked by. He was forced to watch as Tony drifted in a spaceship accompanied by nebula. Then it jumped to Tony and a little girl, a daughter. It made Peter's heart swell at the thought of him having a daughter, not only from sadness but happiness as well. Then it cut again to Tony staring down at a picture. It was a picture he had taken with Peter with his inverted diploma. Then it was Tony working on something. Peter couldn't tell what it was but Tony held a saddened face as he worked. He said something that flipped what he was working on to invert it but Peter couldn't hear the words. It just came out as muffle that kept getting louder and louder that soon brought a painful ringing and a blinding flash of green'

Peter sat up with a choked scream and looked around. It was dark now, the only light being the start of the sunrise. He took some gulps of air and thought about the dream. It felt so real. Like he was actually there watching them but he couldn't move or say anything. Sorta like sleep perilous. He felt a tear roll down his face and brought his hands up and wiped them away. He didn't realize he was crying when he woke up. His head was hurting as a migraine started to make its way to the surface.

Peter got himself ready for the day and made his way to the roof of the warehouse to finish watching the sunrise. He continued to sit there till the sun came up enough to stop the orange from flooding the sky but instead a foggy blue to take its place. Later that day he spent half of his $20 on a bucket and a jug of laundry soap to be able to wash his clothes. Luckily the warehouse had a working spigot out back so he had a mostly clean water source. He would never drink from it as when he was about to his spider senses screamed at him. So that day he spent cleaning his clothes and hunting for anything useful in the garbage around his 'home'. Of course it was the other way around. It would be silly to clean his clothes just to hope in dirty dumpsters. He hoped for some good scrap for him to be able to fix Karen.

========================================================================

The exam for Gotham Academy was today and he was making his way to the library where the testing is held. He was reluctant to go back to the library but he didn't have a whole lot of choices. When he made it to the Library he was surprised to see a pretty large group of kids around his age talking amongst themselves. Almost all of them are in their own friend groups or reading a book at a table. Tables were set in a couple of rows with two chairs at each. He made his way to the front desk where Barbra sat greeting the kids and having them sign in on a sheet of paper. When it was his turn she seemed surprised but also sorta confused. "Peter, Hey how have you been? I haven't seen you in a while!" She smiled brightly as she handed him the pen. He took it from her hands while looking at her, not really sure if he should be petty and not answer her or be polite and say hello back. They sat in an awkward silence as he wrote his name down then signed next to it before he decided that he should probably be polite. "Hi, I'm okay thanks." He didn't answer her last question because he wasn't sure what to reply with 'Oh yeah, I just haven't wanted to see any of the caped crusaders and since you keep tattling on me I haven't really wanted to come hangout where you work either.' She didn't say anything about him not answering the last question as he was pretty sure she already knew what he was thinking anyways. She gave him the rundown of what to expect of the test and the rules before handing him a number two pencil and a seat number.