Chapter 1: Missery

Marci's POV

"NO! Please Dad Stop!" once again, dad was home drunk. Ever since Mom died, he's been out every night drinking and when he comes home, he beats me senseless. Not only does he beat me, but I have also become his slave. Everyday i must cook his breakfast, and clean his clothes and house. If I forget to do any of these things, I get a huge beating. My Dad, if I can even call him that anymore,was the Delta. While in the meeting to be chosen for the Beta, my mom went into labor to have me. Dad had to rush out of the meeting to see mom, but by the time he was there, mom had died from giving birth to me, a girl. While i have 2 older brothers, they refuse to take my dad's place. Ever since then, I've been beaten and called a mistake and useless. Now, he is Third In Command instead of Beta, and guess who he blames it on. Yup, me. Oh and in case I forgot to tell you, we're werewolves.

"SHUT UP SLUT!!!!! GOD YOU WERE SUCH A MISTAKE!!!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!" Dad yells while continuously kicking my ribs and stomach. By now, I'm pretty sure that that I have a couple of bruised ribs and jugging on the pain, 1 broken one too. Why can't i have a mate? He would protect me. Maybe, he would even get me out of this hell hole. Damn it! The beating should have stopped by now. He never beats me for more than a hour because he goes out to drink more alcohol. It's now been an hour and 20 minuets since the beating began. Finally, he stops kicking me and goes to the fridge for more beer. I run for the stairs, and he lets me, satisfied by the pain he caused. just before i reached the stairs, he yelled "HEY SLUT!!!!! Don't even think about finding your mate. Who would ever want a whore like you!" he laughs and i just rush upstairs to my room. I get to my room, and lock the door. I walked over to the mirror in my room and lifted my shirt. I was so skinny from the lack of food. You could see my ribs, and I was right, one was cracked and looked weird. Oh well. I took off my clothes, and went to the bathroom. I turned the hot water, and got in. Feeling the water on my cuts and bruises, my wolf Jenna whimpered. '

'This isn't right. we should have found our mate.' she whimpers. 'Yeah well who would want us anyway' I thought back to her. This made her retreat to the back of my mind and cut off our link.

Once i finished showering, i put on my pajamas, which consisted of my panties, bra, and my brother's old T-shirt. I must have grown, cause the t-shirt barely covers my bum anymore. oh well. its not i have any actual pjs considering I have no money and dad wont spend a dime on his slut of a daughter. I don't even know why I'm called a slut considering i still have my virginity. i haven't even kissed anyone! after getting in my 'pjs', I unlocked my door and walked quickly to my brothers room. I knock on the door with our secret knock - 'knock, knock, knockitty knock- and they immediately opened the door. they pulled me in a locked the door behind me. as soon as the door was locked, they got me in a tight hug and i screamed. Immediately, they let me go and their faces showed concern and guilt. "I have a broken rib, and I need the first aid kit." as soon as i said that, they got me the first aid pack.

"Are you ok? " Dylan asked me while starting to clean my wounds. "I'm ok, it's just, this one was longer than normal." i said, and his face fell as he now had a frown on his face.

"We need to get help! We need to tell people!" my other brother Matt said angrily. He was practically yelling and i flinched. seeing my flinch, he calmed down. "Why won't you let us tell people Mar?" Mar is what my brother's call me.

"If you told people, dad would just beat me harder and more often. You know that." i said and he put his head down in defeat. As soon as Dylan finished treating me, i thanked them and went back to my room. I locked my door again, limped over to my bed, and went to bed.

Cole POV

It was late at night but i couldn't sleep. I was at the pack house in my room, holding my head in one hand and my rib cage with my other hand. I'm Cole and I'm the soon to be Alpha of the Red Dawn pack. I'm 6'6 and have shaggy brown hair with blond highlights in it. My eyes are brown, and my wolf's name is Jack, and right now, he is being so fucking annoying! I'm trying to sleep, but he keeps howling. It's from excitement but there is also a whimper in his tone.

'Look, what's wrong? I'm trying to sleep.' i ask him. 'Well I have good news and bad news. One, our mate is close. i can sense it, but the bad thing is, she's hurt. the pain your feeling is the pain she's feeling. Your tie is strong and needed considering you have a bond when you haven't even met each other yet.' What! I've been looking for my mate. if she's close, where is she? Wait, he said she was hurt. Why was she hurt?

With all the questions, i lay back on my bed and close my eyes. Before I know it, my alarm wakes me up. Even though it's time for school, i don't want to go. I want to skip and try to find my mate. Slowly i get out of bed and while getting ready, all I can say is that no matter what she looks like, or what her personality is, I will never reject her. I only hope she won't reject me.

AN

Hey guys!!! Here's my second book and I hope you all like it!!! Tell me what to you think and any comments or votes are greatly appreciated!!! I know it's another werewolf story, but i'll do something different for my next book i promise!! Anyway, thanks for reading!!!!~Aly😘