Chapter 6

Y/n, November 23, 1885, Royal Palace of Azura

"I do," I quietly say. Aaron grabs my hand, leaving a light kiss on it instead of my lips and I'm glad for that. The wedding celebrations go on for a few hours, lords and nobles congratulating us. The courtyard is filled with decorations, delicious food and expensive gifts. Never before have I been to a party or celebration so this is very overwhelming for me but there is another reason for my nervousness. Every single moment is bringing me closer to tonight. Anxiety is probably clear on my painted face and the heavy bracelet on my wrist, that is controlling my powers, isn't helping.

"I'm going to my chambers now. Your room is ready," Aaron exclaims.

"Am I not sleeping in your bedroom?" I ask. Disgust is probably visible in my tone.

"Would you like to sleep in my bedroom?" Aaron asks and smiles. If he's surprised by my question, he doesn't show it.

"Sure. It's tradition after all." I replied. Aaron nods and quickly addresses the crowd. Within a few minutes, Aaron and I are walking towards his chambers. It's my first time inside the actual palace. It's every thing a girl would dream of but for me it's a prison. Aaron opens the door to his chambers and we head in. The King's room is far from small and it's making me feel out of place.

Aaron walks towards the bathroom leaving me alone in his spacious bedroom. I do not have many things here, just a few dresses and necessities. I would probably get more but I won't be here long enough. Walking towards the closet, I grab the dagger that I hid in the secret pocket of my dress. Bless the maid who helped me. The King dies tonight.

"What a sharp dagger. Where did you get it from, dear?" My body freezes when I hear that taunting voice.

"Turn around." Aaron demands and I obey. There's no point in hiding. I have to do what I need to do now. I lunge at Aaron's heart with the dagger in my hand but within a few seconds I'm on the ground with a dagger through mine.

~

Thx for reading