Chapter 12

Even with the knowledge of Nezuko of conquering the sun, dreams, and admirations are finally in reach. Muzan has concluded that there is perhaps another way.

Being the ultimate life form, never having to deal with illnesses or other worries with his abilities made him realize how impatient he is.

He wants results.

Kotoha's knowledge was expansive and yet she was considered average for her generation of scholars. She was only a student of mild education.

He wants to see this world where people of any status have access to everything at their fingertips.

Even someone like Kotoha, who would have been of a lower class....NO, she had been of a lower class, then Douma had eaten her.

If anything, this proves he had a chance of reincarnating. Knowing his luck, it would be the same damn start he had last time. A weak human body that couldn't enjoy the sun.

He rather not deal with that once more.

If a human woman like Kotoha can go back into the past, maybe he leap through time into the future.

He experiments while he can, achieving his goals and defeating his enemies the slayers and Ubuyashiki.

Finally, seeing this future of life that is never stalled and new information coming in.

He'll give blood to Nakime to become a proper Kizuki and perhaps awaken more power.

Power to open gateways.

Douma leans back against his throne, thinking of many things.

Mostly of Kotoha and what to do with her.

The demon can only explore his thoughts in depth.

Douma would lift the severed leg to his mouth, munching on the soft flesh. His eyes would trail to where the door was, making sure to have a peaceful evening.

He would hate to make Kotoha distraught once more after building their relationship up.
Perhaps if she was asleep, he could sneak into Kotoha's room to play Minecraft for a while.

Inosuke would be up on the roof, watching the moon. No matter how his body ached or how his lunges stung at the effort he had been putting into training.

"Inosuke, what are you doing up here?" A voice soft and reminding him so much of Kotoha that he can't resist the urge to turn.

Under the moonlight, Shinobu doesn't remind him of a butterfly but a moth. Active like the insect that he would watch sometimes at night.

His voice was raspy as always when he replied.

"I can't sleep. I have a demon to kill." He looked back up to the moon, wanting so badly to chop, and saw through the thick neck of a Kizuki.

"Oh? What demon?" His senior leans in, though she probably already knows since Panchiro had made his report on what had happened that night.

"A Kizuki demon with fans-" Inosuke stopped immediately when he felt a suffocating wave of anger come off Shinobu.

He oinks and nearly slips from the rooftop because of it.

Purple eyes would ease up when directed to him. Softening and lips coming into a tight smile.

Inosuke would watch as she breathed in deeply and vocally, so unnatural for a Hashira who has trained her body not to make a noise.

"Inosuke, I do hope you do see this demon perish one day."

That night, as sleep claims him, the singing of Kotoha and the woman in his memories blur together into a chaotic melody.

All coming to an end thanks to a golden fan and rainbow eyes looking down at him with a twinkle in them.

Douma would peek into Kotoha's room, seeing her asleep. He scrolls in, humming to himself as he pushes the strands of hair away from her face.

She was quite beautiful and he does hope to see her live to her age. Or perhaps, travel forward in time with her.

Her world seems so fun and as much as she enjoys this era, she doesn't belong here. He knows the gaze of longing and how sometimes she would mention something and try to look it up on her phone to show it. He would see how the smile she had slowly faded away.

She wants to be back in the time she truly knows. Though chaotic, it's what she knows.

He wants that for her. He wants her to be home once more.

He also selfishly wants to be there with her.

It was odd how his heart beat like it does. It thunders against his chest whenever he sees her laugh or smile. Her blushes were adorable and made him want to continue his cheeky comments.

Douma wanted to give her every chance to go home.

She wasn't like she was before. A helpless mother who threw her child away in a desperate attempt to save him.

He does wonder what it would have been like to have Inosuke still alive. Would he be running around and maybe see him as a father figure?

Who knows, he is long gone.

"Kotoha, would you let me help you get home?" The demon asked, his claws going through her hair now. Her heart and breathing were steady, a deep sleep, and no need for him to worry about her waking.

"Would you take me with you? Or would you have me wait a century to meet you in your time? How cruel that would be of you." Douma does pause for a moment. Thinking about another possibility.

"Unless you want me to make your life comfortable by the time we meet again. I can do that."

Perhaps he can make his mark on some companies she has mentioned.

A wide grin comes across his face when he thinks of a grand idea.

WHAT IF HE COULD INVEST IN MINECRAFT?!

All these possibilities just so he could be with her.

A demon wanting to be with a human.

Oh, what a silly thing to think about, and yet Douma wishes it to be a reality.

To see her back home and him being there to see it so.