#03. true feelings

<3

fairytale

fairytale.
chapter 003 ━━━━ true feelings

IN THE KITCHEN, you found yourself drawn to the gleaming bread knife, its sharp edge catching the light as you ran your fingers along its sleek surface

IN THE KITCHEN, you found yourself drawn to the gleaming bread knife, its sharp edge catching the light as you ran your fingers along its sleek surface. meanwhile, Sunday stood nearby, lost in thought as he wrestled with his own emotions.

the silence stretched between you, heavy with unspoken tension, until you decided to break it with a sudden, sharp movement. slamming the knife down onto the table, you couldn't help but admire its strength.

a proud smile gracing your lips as you observed the sturdy blade, a small distraction from the weight of the conversation you were about to have.

"are you okay with all of this?" you asked, your voice devoid of any emotion.

he met your gaze, his own expression blank as he considered his response. "no, i'm not," he admitted finally, his voice quiet but firm.

"but we both know we don't have a choice."

you continued to admire the array of knives displayed in the kitchen drawers, your fingers tracing their sleek contours as you mulled over Sunday's words.

"what's the plan, then?" you asked, "do we have to pretend to be a couple on campus?"

Sunday shook his head, his expression serious as he leaned against the counter. "no," he replied firmly. "it's better if we keep it a secret."

you raised an eyebrow in surprise, taken aback by his suggestion. "why?" you questioned, curiosity creeping into your tone.

Sunday sighed, running a hand through his hair as he considered his response. "if people knew about our arrangement, it could complicate things," he explained, his voice low.

"it's better to keep our personal lives private and focus on maintaining appearances when necessary."

eventually, you finally stopped admiring the knives and walked up towards Sunday, the clinking of your heels against the tiled floor echoing softly in the kitchen.