Chapter 14

I ran towards our chamber and sat on the bed feeling sad and maybe disappointed a little. Maybe my expectations were too high and he just does not miss me that much as I had missed him. He has so many things to keep him busy I do not think that he even had time to think about him. I should act more mature I cannot whine like a small child for him to feel something for me.

I heard the door opening and saw Rana sa entering. I tried to act like nothing happened and give a smile to him because yes nothing happened it was just that my hope was so much bigger than my reality.

"Princess are you angry?" He asked silently

"No, why would I?" I said to him cheerfully but there was no smile on his face. He was looking at me very intently that it was hurting me to even hold my smile.

"I am sorry, I wanted to come to you first but they stand in between I know that it is no excuse but please forgive me" He said pleading me.

"I am not angry at you please do not say sorry Rana sa" I said in a monotonous voice.

"No Raunak, you are not happy and I know you are not angry too you are talking to me like you have locked your feeling somewhere inside you" He said holding my hand and sat on his floor to be at my level.

"I am just overwhelmed with feelings it is just that you were away for a while and before your departure we did not had very pleasant conversation and now all that happend downstairs I am feeling insecure but today is you birthday and I do not want to ruin it with my whining, I want you to enjoy your evening with family and friends with good memories, so please let's not talk about it now" I said to him pleadingly.

"Raunak, Princess you are not ruining anything stop thinking like that I could not enjoy anything that I have made you face bloom with sadness, I want you in my all good memories what are you insecure about?"

"Please Rana sa do not discuss about it now" I said to him

"No I will not move from here unless you tell me what makes you so sad?"

"Will you answer me honestly if I will ask you?" I asked

"Of course, I will never lie to you" he said promising me.

"Would you have married Kala if I wouldn't have been in your frame as wife" I asked making an eye contact with him.

"No I never would have married her and will never think about marrying her there was no one before you and no one will be after you. You are my only wife you should trust me a little" He said smiling a little.

"I don't know she is beautiful, smart, confident and everything I am not" I said to him truthfully.

"Princess what about the thing I told you about not making yourself feel low. You are beautiful the way you are there is no one between us it is just you and if I have loved someone else I would not have married you. I choose you against my father and I will choose you against this world, don't ever doubt me on that. Are we understood?" He asked me smiling.

I nodded at him smiling a little.

"Okay please drop it now I understand but this insecurity in me is not ready to accept that it is going to be for forever"

"Princess, how can I prove you...."

"Rana sa, enough of this it is your birthday and I have prepared everything for you let's go enjoy a little. I even have a gift for you" I said to him changing the topic.

A knock was heard on the door followed by an attendee announcing the arrival of Kala, the girl!

She entered with an innocent smile on her face that for a moment I thought of an angel but I knew her acts are like a devil.

"Vikram, it is your birthday and I have prepared a little feast for you before the function at evening being with just all of us family members" She said smiling at Rana sa.

I knew that she has something planned in her mind. This girl could not give up on him.

"Sure wait a minute I and Raunak will be present in there shortly let me freshen up first" Rana sa said smiling at me like he enjoying my jealousy.

She did not like that very much but did let the mask of her innocence slip for a second and nodded at him.

"Raunak we will love to know a little more about you please come with me for feast" She said smiling sweetly at me.

"I will come with Rana sa till then you start your feast" I said to her in the same honey dripped voice smiling at her.

She was starting at me with hatred but on her lips smile was decorated perfectly and she turned towards the door at left us alone.

I smiled internally and turned to look at Rana sa smirking at me.

Thank you guys that is it for today.
I hope you enjoy and as I always say please like and comment. It motivates me to continue my writing every single vote means a lot to me.
And the chapter is not edited so please ignore my mistakes. I will edit them once I will complete the book

Till then
Bye bye lovely babies
Stay healthy