9

Lexa's POV
I watch as my brother and Indra train this new wave of Night Bloods. I watch as Aden gets thrown to the ground by Ontari. I smile slightly. She is strong but is leaving herself exposed. I watch Clarke walk up to Lincoln. They talk about something before she walks over to me. It's been almost two weeks since Clarke has been in Polis, we have spent a lot of time together, she has healed me in ways she'll never understand.

"Have you decided what you are going to do?"She asked me as we start to walk around. I nod.

"I'm going to fight her."I said.

"Lexa you both want peace now. Maybe you can help each other."She said.

"It's not that simple. She is challenging me for the title of Heda, I have to accept that challenge."I said. She sighs.

"Maybe not, maybe you can give her the title? In exchange for peace among the clans."She said. I stop walking and look at her.

"Once she arrives I'll bring that up to her. We have a day to talk before the fight. Maybe she will want that too, Clarke I'll need you there with me."I said before grabbing her hand. We walk back over to the Night Bloods. I look at Clarke as she watches Ontari.

"Of course and Lexa she could take your place in the fight with Anya."Clarke said. I look at her.

"I'm the Commander, no one fights for me."I snap at her.

"I understand."She said walking away. Indra walks up to me.

"Maybe Clarke is right, you nearly died fighting Roan."She said.

"No. I'm fighting her. End of discussion."I snap at her also, she sighs.

"Lexa be smart about this. Anya has been gone for seven years. For all we know she has gotten stronger."She said. Luna and Lincoln nod agreeing with Indra. I sigh and walk away.

I make eye contact with Clarke as I walk by, she follows behind me. I walk up to my room, she shuts the door behind us. She goes to say something but I don't let her, I kiss her. She kisses me back, grabbing my face. I gently grab her waist. She pulls away and looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I can't lose you to this fight Lexa."She said softly. I hug her. She hugs me back.

"You won't. I'll be fine. I'll offer the title of Heda for peace among the clans including Skaikru."I said pulling away.

"Thank you."She said softly.