Love's Train - Part I

Writer's Note:

Hello, fam... Here's part one of my latest one-shot "Love's Train". A SHORT one-shot. 😂 I chose to take a slightly different approach with this one. All will be revealed in Part II (final act).

Whenever you see (V.O), Spencer's talking in "voice over" or to the audience. Like a narrator.

As always, thanks for reading and your support. 🙏🏽🥰

**************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

MUSIC CUE: "Room in a Room" by Usher

INT. ATLANTA FALCONS LOCKER ROOM - MORNING - (MONTAGE)

While SPENCER (33) gets ready for practice, he scrolls FaceBook... Ahead of the 15th-year reunion, old high school PHOTOS flood his timeline. One in particular catches his eye. The pretty girl with brown eyes... Her.

PHONE CHIMES with a TEXT from WIFE: Need you to pick up the cake from the bakery. TEXTS WIFE: Gotchu WIFE TEXTS: Don't forget, Spencer!

Spencer rolls his eyes as he places the phone in his locker.

EXT. ATLANTA - STADIUM - FIELD - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

SERIES OF SHOTS

-- The team performs lateral shuffle and speed burst drills.

-- The team performs hurdle knee drive drills.

-- The team performs circle cone and burst drills.

END SERIES OF SHOTS

INT. ATL - JAMES HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EVENING - (MONTAGE)

Exhausted, Spencer lounges on the sofa and channel surfs. The front door opens and FOOTSTEPS hit the FLOOR. SPENCER (SJ) JAMES JR. (16), CORYLYN JAMES (13), and CLAYTON (CJ) JAMES (3) rush in. Clayton jumps on Spencer's lap and giggles.

SPENCER

Hey, Bud.

SJ

What's up, Pops?

SJ and Corylyn plop down on opposite sides of Spencer. Corylyn grunts out a "Hey" as he scrolls through his PHONE. WIFE (33) walks in and scans the mess that is her living room.

WIFE

Spencer... You didn't clean up?

SPENCER

Well, hello to you too... Look it's been a long--

WIFE

Please tell me you got the cake...

Spencer grimaces and palms his face. Fiery brown eyes bore into him. She throws her hands up in frustration.

WIFE

One thing... I asked you to do one thing and you can't even do that. We've got guests coming in less than two hours. No cake. My house--

SJ and Corylyn snicker. The room grows SILENT as Spencer tunes his wife out.

SPENCER(V.O.)

Love my wife... I do. She's been there from the start. But lately.

(heavy sigh)

Lately, I don't like her very much.

INT. ATL - JAMES HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER - (MONTAGE)