Can We Be Tight? - Part IV

Writer's Note:

Here's Act Four of Six... As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🙏🏽🥰

***********************************************************************************************

ACT FOUR

CHYRON: TWO YEARS LATER

INT. NEW YORK - COFFEE SHOP - COUNTER / BAR - MORNING

Spencer scrolls his phone as he waits in line.

BARISTA (O.S.)

... Order up for Olivia.

Startled, Spencer almost drops his phone.

BARISTA (O.S.)

Venti, oat milk, no whip, extra honey for Olivia.

Spencer's heart skips a beat at the sight of a head full of bouncy curls as the woman rushes towards the counter... She brushes her hair from her face and gives the barista a shy smile.

OLIVIA

Sorry, Olivia... Here.

Olivia pays and grabs her coffee. As she turns around, she lets out a shuddering gasp as she's met with Spencer's kind brown eyes staring back at her.

SPENCER

Hey...

OLIVIA

Hey...

Olivia and Spencer stare in silence. They are knocked out of their trance when a PATRON behind Spencer clears his throat loudly. Spencer moves out of the line.

SPENCER

So, how are you?

OLIVIA

Ummm. How've you been?

They chuckle recognizing they've been here a time or two... Specifically, the last two years.

SPENCER

(voice cracks)

Are you happy?

OLIVIA

I am... Really happy. And you?

SPENCER

Uh... Yeah, yeah. All good.

Olivia's heart aches at the sadness in Spencer's eyes.

OLIVIA

Well, I should go... It was good seeing you.

Olivia contemplates going in for a hug... She hates that they once were so close but now it feels like they're strangers.

Olivia starts to walk off but Spencer pulls her into a tight embrace. They exhale. Spencer places a soft kiss inches from Olivia's lips that lingers. They lock eyes sharing a charged moment.

Olivia instinctively pulls away and rushes off.

OLIVIA

Bye, Spencer...

INT. NEW YORK - OLIVIA'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

Several moving boxes line the space. There are repeated KNOCKS on the DOOR. Olivia shakes her head, already knowing who's on the other side.

Frustrated, she flings the door open. Spencer waltzes in.

OLIVIA

Spencer...

Olivia rolls her eyes and closes the door.

SPENCER

I had to see you.