"Bit of pain. Nothing terrible." I reveal. Harmony Simmons has made me into an absolute sap. And I can't say that I hate it. Can't keep anything from that girl.

"Bit of pain? Bit? Have you spoken to the doctor? He needs to check you out and see what this bit of pain is." She says slightly patronisingly. Unhappy with my downplaying.

"Doctor knows. He said is expected during recovery."

She doesn't reply, still looks skeptical.

"Promise." I state.

She watches me for a few seconds, looks deeply into my eyes. That's how she can tell whether I'm lying or telling the truth, or how I'm feeling. I do the same with her. Can always tell by her entire face what's going on with her, but her eyes fast track me to the answer.

"Okay. As long as he knows." She replies. Takes a steady breath. Looks like she's been holding it in for a while.

"How are you?" I question softly. Pushing some hair behind her ear and leaving my hand there because she loves it and so do I.

She shrugs.

"There's been pain, but I've got painkillers. Foots itchy and so is my arm and my leg feels heavy because of the cast and I hate the smell of my arm cast because it's disgusting, and the bruises on my face make me worried because they might scar. Also really hope I can get the fuck out of here soon." She rambles all in one breath.

Because I know her so well I've learnt to catch up on her rambling quickly. Almost manage to catch everything as she says it without having to debrief with myself for a few seconds after.

"Did you tell the doctors about the pain?" Is my first question.

"Yes, they know. Said it's normal." She rolls her eyes.

I nod. Prepare to ask my second question.

"You'll get use to the casts soon. It's just like when you fractured your foot. You'll probably get a boot soon." I encourage.

She gives me a small smile. Can still see she's a bit defeated. Been going crazy in here for weeks. She's not one that likes to sit down.

"Your bruises won't scar. They're healing up perfectly. And even if they do, you still have the best face anyones ever seen." Tell that to her softly because I'm not sure how she'll react. Might be angry and disagree, might get upset, or might love the encouragement I'm trying to give her.

Her eyes go round and sad and I feel like shit because that's just how you feel when you're in the presence of a sad Harmony. It may be your fault why she's sad, it may not be. Either way, you're upset simply because she is. Feel like shit too.

She lets out this deep and heavy sigh. I think the gravity of her accident is finally hitting her now. She's been distracted with me and us and visitors that she hasn't had time to sit and think about what happened. How traumatic and possibly life changing it was.

Pull her into me a little more, stroke her hair because that's what relaxes her.

"You have to take your time with this Harms. You were in a massive accident. I know it's frustrating but healing will take time. It won't go as fast as you want it to. It's a process." I tell her.