2. Will's second proposal

A\N: This is the second oneshot of Will's proposal to Alicia in 5 times Will proposed to Alicia and 1 time Alicia proposed to Will. This is set after 5x15 where Will survives. I hope you enjoy this one, Angels.

TGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGW

Will Gardner smiles as he, Zach and Grace walk around the mall, looking for something for Alicia's birthday. He didn't think it was possible for him to be with Alicia, not after their war, not after their history, but he woke up after surgery to remove the bullets from him 6 months ago with Alicia, and surprisingly Zach and Grace, at his side. That was also the day he knew he wanted to be with her regardless of their war, her marital status and everything else that was against them being together like a family with Zach and Grace.

The pain recedes slightly when he opens his eyes to see Alicia beside him, holding his hand. The relief he sees on her face is worth the pain he's feeling.

"Will." Alicia says, squeezing his hand gently.

"L... Leesh." He says, his words slurring. He stares into her eyes.

"Hey, Will, you're okay, you're okay." Alicia says softly, running her fingers through his hair soothingly.

"Hey, Will." Another voice says as a face swims into his vision.

Grace.

What is she doing here? He asks himself.

Alicia smiles. "Both Zach and Grace are here. They've been here since you were out of surgery, they're worried about you." Alicia answers his unvocalised question, Zach appearing on his other side with a hand on his arm.

"Leesh, love you." He whispers to her, his eyes slipping closed. He feels the warmth of her lips on his own as she kisses him ever so gently.

"I love you too, Will." He hears Alicia telling him as sleep overtakes him.

He's pulled out of his memory by Grace. "Come on, Will!" The teen says with a smile. He returns her smile and takes her outstretched hand. "How are you feeling, Will?" Zach asks, slinging an arm around his sister's shoulder  The lawyer rolls his eyes at the boys concern.

"Guys, I'm fine." He stresses. He loves these two kids and their mother but their incessant bugging about his well-being is starting to get on his nerves. Grace squeezes his hand.

"We only ask because we love you." The girl says. He finds his smile growing at their concern for him.

"I know but enough about me. Any ideas on what to get your Mom for her birthday?" He asks. Grace and Zach share a look as they drag him towards a jewellery store. He rolls his eyes: he should've known never to ask two teenagers.

"A... are you sure?" He questions. Grace and Zach nod their heads enthusiastically. "Yes!" They exclaim in unison. Will laughs and allows the two teens to drag him inside the store.

TGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGW

Will checks his jacket pocket for the umpteenth time. He's nervous, nervous. He's never been nervous with Alicia.

He's pacing the living room of their apartment that's covered in lit candles, a table for four with Alicia's favourite meal and a triple chocolate cake.

He, Zach and Grace have all planned Alicia's birthday surprise without Alicia figuring it out which is a feat in itself seeing as no one can keep a secret from Alicia Cavanaugh.

"Will, calm down." Grace orders, coming into the living room wearing a floor length midnight blue silk dress with matching heels. "it's just a family dinner with an unseen present." She says, calming him slightly. Both the Cavanaugh/Florrick girls have had a calming effect on him.

"Yeah okay. You're right, and it's just Leesh." Grace smiles when he says the nickname he bestowed upon her at the 1L pool party all those years ago as newly collage law students.

The front door opens half an hour later.

"I'm home!" Alicia calls out, the sound of her keys hitting the bowl. Will smiles as the love of his life enters the living room with a smile on her face. The smile turns into a surprised gasp when she sees their apartment. 

"Happy birthday, Mom." Zach and Grace say in unison running to hug their mother who laughs, hugs them back and gives Will an I love you with her eyes. He waits until the two teens have released their mother from their joint hug before he walks towards her and smashes their lips together. Alicia's hands wrap around his neck as his hook around her waist.

"Okay, okay, before you two jump each other, there are two teenagers who are hungry!" Grace interrupts their kiss. Will pulls away from Alicia and looks at the smirking teenagers. "I fed you chocolate three hours ago." He teases. Zach laughs. "Yeah three hours ago!" He exclaims. Will looks at Alicia. "I'm thinking we should feed them before they call Diane and sic her on us." Alicia giggles and nods her head.

Diane, Cary, Kalinda and everyone else at the firm who had showed up at the hospital  to show their support for the man weren't surprised to see Alicia at Will's bedside after he was out of surgery or the kiss she had placed on him as he fell asleep, nor were they surprised to see Zach and Grace in his room either.

"Or they'll sic Cary onto us. He'll sue us, then kill us before suing us again after he's somehow managed to reincarnate us." Alicia plays along. Will leads the four of them into the kitchen where dinner is laid out for them, laughing. 

TGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGW

After dinner, and  chocolate birthday cake, the four of them are on the couch watching a movie with Alicia leaning into his side, he has Grace's feet in his lap while she has her head on Zach's lap. The movie finishes and Will gently removes Grace's feet from his lap, winking at her and Zach, kisses a confused Alicia on her temple and retrieves the box from his jacket pocket. He takes a deep breath and walks over to Alicia, who is now sitting up. He kneels down in front of her, opening the ring box as he does so.

"Alicia, I want you, and only you forever. Will you marry me?" He asks her, Alicia has tears falling down her face as she nods.

"Yes, yes, Will." She says, kneeling in front of him and kissing him deeply.

As he's kissing Alicia, he hears Zach telling Grace "he's meant to stand up and put the ring on before they kiss." Grace giggles before hitting him. "Shut up and be happy that Will treats Mom, and us, better than Dad does." She scolds.

Alicia pulls away and Will uses the opportunity to slide the ring on her ring finger and swings her around. After setting Alicia on her feet both of them are attacked by the kids. He wraps his arms around the three most important people in his life.

He can't believe that he's marrying the love of his life and becoming a step-father to two of the greatest kids in the world.

Correction: he wants all three of them, and only them forever.

TGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGWTGW

A\N: This is Will's second proposal to Alicia. I hope all you amazing Angels are having a good Easter.