Chapter - 58

Lan Wangji was standing in a dungeon. He felt his chest stuffed, hard to breathe seeing the blood around him. He looked down , his hands were dripping and clothes were soaked in blood. His trembling body kneeled and many whispers , murmurs started to echo.

" Curse "

" Always alone "

" Murderer "

" You killed us ! "

" You are responsible ! "

"  Not worthy of friendship."

" A mistake! "

" Should never exist."

.....
.....
....
....
....

Lan Wangji was holding his chest trying to breathe , closing his eyes.

" No " A soft , trembling whisper escaped.

" Failure ! "

" Weak "

" Could not save one person ! "

" He died in front of you ."

Lan Wangji opened his eyes and saw Wei Wuxian smiling just like he did before jumping in the abyss.

Wei Wuxian figure started to blurr . Lan Wangji tried to approach him but like before he failed to hold.

....
...

Lan Wangji woke up with a jolt. He sat up with unshed tears but nothing came out from his mouth. He was breathing heavily , clenching sheets tightly, drenched in cold sweat. His unrestrained hairs were falling both side , covering his face.

" Lan Zhan " Wei Wuxian said , sitting at the edge. His eyes were filled with concern. He was in the room since morning. When he saw Lan Wangji waking up with jerk, he rushed towards him. He was not sure whether he had a nightmare or his body was unstable.

Lan Wangji did not respond. The voices were still ringing in his head. His mind was playing the scene again and again.

" Are you ok ?" Wei Wuxian asked putting his hand over the tightly clenched fist.

Lan Wangji sensing the touch became alert. His body stiffened and breath hitched.

" It's me , Wei Ying." Wei Wuxian said , coming closer and helding the hand more tightly.

Lan Wangji snapped out of his state and realised a breath.

" Wei Ying is here . Wei Ying is here. Wei Ying is here. Wei Ying is here......."  Lan Wangji was chanting in his mind to calm himself down.

"  Lan Zhan , are you still like that ? " Wei Wuxian asked. According to Er Ming their rationality reduced so he was trying to assess Jade's state.

" Ok " Lan Wangji said in his unnoticeable shaking voice.

Wei Wuxian released sigh in relief.

Lan Wangji looked up but instead of seeing his Wei Ying's face the first thing he did was to look around. He knew his eyes must had holding many more emotions and he could not see Wei Wuxian with that.

He rubbed his forehead, seeing his room's condition . He always preferred forest or river or pond for his condition but because of last night incident he could not escape.

" It's alright. We can compensate." Wei Wuxian said seeing Lan Wangji.

Lan Wangji nodded. He seemed to enter his teenage self who did not know anything and ruined a room like that but this time someone was with him.