He laughs, "I'm assuming Siri came to see you too?"

"Yea."

"How can someone-?"

"Have so much energy? I KNOW!" I turn to look at him and we just laugh.

"What kind of name is Siri anyways."

"I don't know, but the thought of saying it everyday makes me queasy."

"Queasy?" He asks.

"Yea, I'm not calling her that."

"Then what should we call her?" I stare at him. His arms are crossed, really showing off his biceps.

"Sure-y." I joke.

He laughs, "That's dumb."

"You're dumb."

"Come on Clovie."

"What?"

He looks at me more serious and I'm forced to look away. He hesitates and then gets up.

"It's nothing."

"No what?" I ask.

"I've just always wondered why we've avoided each other for so long?"

"Why? Because we have to!"

"What do you mean." He asks.

"In fact, we shouldn't be talking right now, we both know the outcome of these games. One of us will die while the other survives, or we'll both die and then oh well perfect killing machines going to waste yea? I think you should go. Really Cato, leave."

He scoffs, "Oh so now you're all snarky with me, Clove don't you get it?"

"What? Get what?"

He rolls his tongue and looks out the window. Then he runs over, beaming out the window.

"Clovie look!"

The all the sudden all the tension that was in the room was gone and we weren't arguing anymore. We both stared out the window as we arrived at the Capitol. Now I know I've said 2 is nice, but this, this was something else. I couldn't close my jaw it was on the floor. Cato laughed and pointed things out. We were like two kids watching the fireworks for the first time.

The Capitol was grand. When we got closer to the station people were lined up to see us. I waved and smiled and Cato did the same. When we got off Siri took us to stand next to the District 1 tributes. We all seemed to have gotten the same memo and started waving and smiling like we were fucking royalty.

Once that was done we were taken separately to a disclosed room. We were stripped of all our clothes, waxed down, nails trimmed and filed, and bathed. When we were done we looked squeaky clean. I looked at myself in the mirror as one of the stylist made some final alterations.

"Alright, you're ready for Fabby."

"Fabby?"

"Your stylist, she'll get you all ready for the Tribute's parade."

I rolled my eyes as he left the room. I sat on the bed in the room and swung my legs back and forth, hitting the bed frame. When I hear the door slide open I'm relieved when it's a female.

"I am Fabbia Stinny but you can call me Fabby Shiny, cause I'm gonna make you look all shiny for the little chariot rides!"

Fabbia really looked regal. She had a good mix of the Capitols fashion and her own little flare.

"Now don't kill me, but my partner as already agreed to gladiator suits for the two of you. We wanna show off your guys beauty. Now it's not the most comfortable but it'll look rocking on you, how does that sound?"

"Sounds um, good."

"Great, then follow me!"

Fabby has a little squeak to her voice, it's kinda adorable yet super annoying. At the end of her sentence she goes up with it and kinda sings it. But it's besides me to judge her, I mean I dress like I'm homeless.

I'm dressed in all gold, they put on this heavy headpiece that looks like a gladiator headband, and I'm wearing a small skirt with a matching armor top. I look at myself as she accents the focal points of my face with spects of gold. She throws on a simple lipstick and reveals the outfit to me.

"Oh...wow."

"I know right, it was a little last minute, we were gonna put you guys in wings but it ended up being too expensive and it didn't match your district. Cons to that though is those wings would've been heavy! These helmets aren't as heavy as they were going to be but it's still as gorgeous as we imagined. But the pros is it would've really made a statement."

I wasn't really listening, I was more focused on looking at myself. I've never shown this much of my legs and arms, my hair was far too tight and this helmet was already giving me a headache. I wondered what Cato looked like.

"Oh and I can't forget this stunning pair of shoes, oh my Snow they are fabulous. Anyways Miss Clove I believe it is time for you to go!"

"Oh thank you." I manage to get out.

"No problema!" She walks out and Siri comes in.

"Oh my, the two of you will make such a statement, ok ok come with me."

She takes me outside. We approach our chariot and I take my first look at the other tributes. None of them look too strong except for this tall muscular guy at the very back in 11. He looks like his could tear me apart from the inside out.

I hear the familiar sound of Siri's heels as she comes with Cato behind her.

"Alright you two, it is time for the parade. Now I want this to be a little different. No more smiling, instead can we pretty please have more of a stern face? But keep the waves!" 

"Yea." Cato sighs.

"Excellent. Now remember kids have fun!" She walks off and we're left alone.

"She treats us like we're babies." Cato says, adjusting a bracelet he has on. "So how does the competition look?"

"Not threatening yet, although, the male from 11 looks like he's got some strength to him." I reply.

Cato looks and smiles. "Anyone else?"

"Eh, not really."

Cato gets up on the chariot and gives me a hand. I take hold of it and try to make the flush in my cheeks go away. He helps me up and we stand there.

"What about the two in front of us? You think they're just like us?"

"I don't know, although that headpiece the girls got on is super hilarious."

He laughs, "Yea, it looks stupid."

"Hey man we look stupid too!" I joke.

"That too!"

We laugh and we keep eye contact. I break it though as the music starts and we're moving. The sudden jerk startles me as Cato's hand grabs a hold of the small of my back.

"You good?"

"...Yea..."

He takes his hand off and starts waving. I do the same as cheers erupt from the Capitol. I smile a little at all the praise but then I look at a monitor. Everyone is captured by District 12 as their suits erupt in fire. I nudge Cato as he realizes too.

"Who are they?"

"No clue."

-

Word Count: 1691

Finished: April 2nd, 2024

-

A/N:

Almost everytime I type Cato, stupid autocorrect changes it to Carl. And as someone who had a small DSMP phase, that's hilarious. All I can picture is stupid Carl next to Clove in the gladiator gear. Oh I'm giggling! Anyways I hope you like it so far, I kinda spitballed the first 4 chapters but lmk what you think! Don't mind any mistake you might find, it's like 4am lol. Okay byeee.

-Mistili