Chapter 4; Ice and Roses

On the border of a huge grass plain filled with flowers and a frozen forest with icy pine trees, there is a small wooden cabin made of birchwood. "Welcome to my lil place of happiness." Snow says as she opens the door, inviting Rosa into her cabin. As she steps in, she notices the interior is way bigger than it seems, and there seems to be a corner full of alchemy type appliances. "Are you an alchemist? Miss Snow." As Snow closes the door behind her. Rosa's feet freeze to the ground. "Why do you want to know that I'm an alchemist?" As an icy cold breath escapes her mouth, Rosa says. "I just saw your table, so I was wondering. No need to go hostile, Snow." "Huh. Miss mystery, I don't know anything about you other than u suddenly appeared in the sky and that you know what alchemy is in this world." Rosa feels the coldest aura like effect against her skin as Snow approaches her with her cold, deadly stare. "Are you even from this world?" Snow asks as she snaps her fingers, letting Rosa go from her icy grasp. As Rosa gets loose, she tries to fire vines at Snow. "Nope, not gonna do that now." The vines freeze almost instantly as they come out of the ground. Snow pushes Rosa, onto the chair behind her. "Just sit down. You aren't strong enough to beat me." The cold air disappears from the cabin as she walks to the kitchen. "You want some tea, uhm. . .?" "My name is Delta" "No, your real name" "my name is Rosa, Rosaclaira is my name uhm what's going on you're not gonna fight me?" "Nop, you want some tea Rose? I make mine with natural herbs, don't worry, no poison." Snow winks while she's already pouring out a second cup. "Uhm sure, love your lil home, Snow." "Aahhhh, thankz. I made it all myself, since I got exiled." "You got exiled?" "Yeah, well in a way, it's more the case that if I go back I'll get beheaded or worse haha." Snow places a cup on the crystal table in front of Rosa as she makes a new chair appear out of ice for herself to sit on. "I know you're not from this world. So I'll tell you it straight. Alchemy in this world is seen as taboo. Only people in high positions or military can use it." She takes a sip of her tea. As she does that, showing a lil blissful smile. "You might be right, I'm not from here. Why is it taboo?" Snow throws an ice blue lollipop onto Rosa's lap. "So people can't make those." Rosa exams the lollipop, it's giving off a cold mist and seems to be a crystal, not food? "Is this an ice crystal?" "He-he" She laughs softly. "You really aren't from here. That crystal is a stellar flake, it powers up ice wielders, makes us more powerful and increases our stamina." "So it's like a performance drug?" "He-he ye, something like that. Every race has their own thing, but after my parents got murdered the rules changed around it, it used to be that alchemy was just a common thing. I used to be of the noble family from the Ice Queendom." "You were a noble?" "Yeah, I used to be the second in line of royalty, but then the militia rose up and now alchemy is banned everywhere for the fear of an uprising and to have more power." Snow's breath freezes the top of her tea as she exhales a cold mist.

A tear falls from her dark amethyst eyes, turning into an ice droplet as it shatters on the ground. "I might have lost everything that night, but they didn't get me. So my family lives on through me." As she says that, both her eyes start to glow with blue lightning cracks piercing her dark purple eyes. "Oh sorry Rosa, I didn't mean to activate my eyes. They sorta activate with my emotions sometimes, haha." "What's with your eyes Snow?" "What you mean, what's with my eyes? You have them as well... Or do you not know you have a dead eye?" "What is a dead eye?" Snow stands up, grabs Rosa's shoulders and stare in her eyes. "HA, you're a dead eye virgin. OMG. Don't worry I'll teach you everything that I know sweet little rose" Snow smiles from ear to ear as she sits back down. "Listen, Rosa the only reason I stopped attacking you was because I saw your left eye started to glow bright blue with a glass rose inside it. Meaning your ability is tied to your powers, probably. . ." Rosa is looking confused at Snow. "So what is a dead eye?" "Essentially, It's an ancient power that goes through generations. Every person has different eyes / abilities. Usually it's people that are in some form of a reincarnation or as close to the original owner as possible. Idk that part confused me as well when I studied it." "So what you are saying is that my powers might have been a side effect from my eyes and that I am a reincarnation of somebody." "Uhm well something like that. You know, what it might be easier to show you." Snow stands up and open the door for them. "Well, u coming or nah." Rosa follows Snow outside to the grassy fields. 

As they walk outside, Snow snaps her fingers. After a second snap, a giant ice dome appears around them. "What's all this for Snow?" Rosa asks as Snow walks forward, snapping her finger again and the ground gets covered in snow, instantly killing all the plants inside the dome. "Can you make plants out of nothing?" "No, parts of my clothes are natural based or have plants intertwined in it. Apart from those parts of my clothing I would need to use normal nature, uhm why?" "So u can not use the nature currently around, cus they are all dead from the frost?" Rosa looks confused at her. "Uhm no?" "Good" Snow says with a smirk as suddenly ice spikes fly towards Rosa. "What the HELL!" As she yells out, Snow appears behind her and punches her with an ice gauntlet. Making Rosa fly into the dome's barrier. Rosa tries to launch an attack back, but her powers don't work. As she looks down. She sees that the natural parts of her clothing are destroyed or frozen. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !" Snow slowly walks towards Rosa as she adjusts her gauntlets. "Now you can't use your powers, can you? Huh, can't believe you trusted me so easily." Rosa starts digging the ground out of desperation to use her powers. "As if I wouldn't think of that." She slaps her, making her fly away again, blood dripping from her gauntlet. "U really gave up after losing your powers, pathetic?" Rosa with a bleeding wound above her left eye. "I will not die here!" She says with determination while spitting blood on the ground, her left eye starts to activate. "Good luck surviving without anything to help." As Snow rushed forward, a sea of rose vines flow towards her. Snow comes to a halt as she smashes her gauntlets down, making an ice pillar. "HA, you did it, Rose ... Rose?" Snow comes from her cover. "I might have taken it too far. Sorry." She says as she walks towards Rosa. Laying asleep in a bed of white roses. "You did well little petal, but you need to grow into a full flower." Snow picks her up and brings her back inside. Laying her onto the bed and treating her wounds. Snow sits down, drinking her tea. "If only you were still here, brother, you could have taught her like you did with me."