𝟳𝟮 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹?❞

Start from the beginning

"where?"

"my waist"

ron follows begrudgingly, someone wolf whistles.

"and extend your arm" she places ron's hand on the right place.

"mr. filch, if you please" filch plays the song, it was a classic ballroom dance song.

"one, two three"

you giggle as ron and mcgonagall dance together, hermione smirking smugly.

"everybody come together"

the girls sit up, walking forward without problem while the boys stay seated.

"boys, on your feet!"

you smile at neville as he takes initiative, being the first to step up.

multiple guys tried to push in to be your dance partner, but you ended up moving so that you'd be neville's dance partner.

the boy blushed cherry red and you smiled brightly at him.

YOU AND CEDRIC SIT IN THE LIBRARY, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN YOUR EGGS

you both had multiple books around you. some about creatures with high-pitched voices, some about what high frequencies might mean and just other books about enchanted items.

though it was proving quite difficult to figure out what the egg meant.

you were already mildly stressed, you had been bombarded with yule ball invitations from guys and even girls in every year. it really hurt your heart to turn them down every time but you barely knew any of them.

cedric gripped his pen slightly, looking mildly nervous, cheeks flushed slightly pink.

you, oblivious as you are, didn't notice. you kept on studying, humming a small tune to yourself was a small smile on your face as you read.

cedric cleared his throat, you looked up.

he blushed slightly, you blink owlishly.

"[name], i, uh.."

he coughed slightly, seeming to internally scold himself.

"would you, uh.. like to.. umm.. go.. to the.. ball.. with.. me?"

he looked at you, your eyes widened and your cheeks flared, face turning a burning pink.

you hid your face quickly, "yes!" you squeaked.

he grinned, cheeks flushed adorably.

YOU ALL SIT ON ROCKS OUTSIDE, VIEWING THE BLACK LAKE

you and hermione both had books, yours was a beautiful romance book and hermiones was who knows what.

you turned to her, "cedric asked me to the ball"

she gasped, eyes wide as he stared at you.

"really?!"

you nodded, cheeks flushed.

she grins widely, "oh, that's wonderful!!"

you look to the side, seeing krum walking passed with his usual fan-group of girls just behind him.

you hold back a smile as krum sends a small smile hermione's way.

you giggle, "i think you might be next"

she blushes.

"THIS IS MAD

"THIS IS MAD. AT THIS RATE, WE'LL BE THE ONLY ONES IN OUR YEAR WITHOUT DATES"

snape walks over, pushing ron's head down.

you and hermione focus on your work, you were currently writing a defence against the dark arts essay. it was on grindylows and red caps.

"well, us and neville" ron snickers, "yeah, but then again, he can take himself" harry adds on.

you frown at the boys, "don't be so mean to him, guys.."

hermione leans over, "it might interest you to know that neville's already got someone"

ron groans.

you and hermione were the ones who had encouraged neville to ask ginny to the dance, he was nervous but ginny said yes in the end.

"now i'm really depressed" ron sulks.

you frown.

ron reads from a note one of the twins passed with, he throws it back, "who you going with, then?"

one of the twins raises their eyebrows, scrunching up some paper and throwing it at a girl.

she turns around in annoyance.

"oi, angelina!" he whispers.

"what?"

'do you wanna go to the ball with me?' he mouths, doing little gestures.

she nods, the twin winks at ron.

ron raises his eyebrows, leaning over to you two.

"oi, hermione, [name]. you're girls"

"very well spotted" hermione sasses, harry shakes ron's arm.

"come with the two of us?" he does the same gesture the twin did.

snape comes by, smacking ron and harry harshly in the head with a book.

"come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up along. for a girl it's just sad"

you frown deeper.

"we won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked us"

hermione packs up her stuff angrily, you follow her, but slower. you both hand your books to snape, going back to the table and grabbing your stuff, "and we said yes" she hisses, she storms off. 

you give the boys a half annoyed half sympathetic look before leaving after her.

date posted ; 30/03/24