Chapter 20 - Second

Start from the beginning

And when you're about to think further, the sound of the timer running out suddenly breaks your thoughts, and you quickly stand up to turn it off. Carefully taking the food out, closing the microwave, and returning to your seat. 

In silence, accompanied only by the lights above you, the silence of the night, and the faint sound of patrols outside, you silently ate the delicious food that Rudy had made. 

You had already finished half your food when someone's voice suddenly broke the silence. "Ah, sabía que estarías aquí." (Ah, I knew you would be here.)

You look up at the doorway just to see the Colonel stepping inside. You give him a soft smile, which he gladly returns.

He takes a seat across from you while you silently watch his every movement. He wore black cargo pants and a green army long-sleeved shirt. 

When you were about to talk, Alejandro had already placed a folder on the table, which made you look at the folder in confusion. "Not long after you returned to your room, one of my men gave this to me and said that it was for you."

He leans back against the chair as he simply shrugged. "When I opened it, everything written inside was in Russian." He continued when he saw you didn't move to take it. 

Your eyes immediately snapped to him when he mentioned Russian. It will never be good news for you when Russian is mentioned. 

"Russian?" You finally speak, slowly repeating his word. 

"Si, your name is written in it, so I guess it's really for you."

You remained quiet after what he said. Your gaze once again falls to the folder on the table.

The last time you get something like this, it's telling you about 141 and Graves. And there's nothing good when you get it right before you're going to Las Almas. Where you have to work with Graves to catch Hassan.

But nothing wrong has happened yet; so far everything is still working as it should. 

"I'll eat first, then check the file. Don't want to waste Rudy's lovely food." You look up at him again, then offer him a smile. And he just chuckles at your words. 

"I don't know whether you miss him or his food."

You rolled your eyes at his remark as you took another spoonful of food. You took your time to chew and slowly swallowed the food. "Is that making any difference? We all live for Rudy's food, don't we?"

"Si, amor. Somos." (Yes, love. We are.)

Then you two continue to talk about everything that both of you have been through throughout the time you didn't see each other.

Alejandro's company is the best you can have. You really like hearing his voice, especially his accent.

When you knew the game in the first place, he caught your attention with his voice. Not to mention how good he is in person when you meet him and how gentle he really is. Also, you don't know why, but he always called you pet names even before you three became close.

When he sees you have finished eating, he quickly gets up and takes the plate himself, which makes you give him a glare.

He always did that. And you've been trying to talk about it to him to no avail. Like he doesn't even listen in the first place. Then he sits again in front of you after placing a glass of water. 

You rolled your eyes as you took the glass and drank the half of it.

Then your eyes finally landed on the file again.