Chapter Five

"Your day-leave request for the fiend Power is approved. Be back by Five o'clock!" A man at a desk said as Denji finished filling out paperwork. "You can't even go out on your own?" The blonde boy asked. "Nope. I was so bored being in here all the time." Power spoke in response.

Later on the two got onto a trolley and was sent on their way, inside the trolley they held conversation. "I know where to find the devil who took Meowy! The problem is that only you can fight it. If it sees me, it'll use Meowy as a shield. Then it would be checkmate!" Denji was listening but had his eyes on the prize for after saving the fiend's cat.

"I had a pet too. The devil was named Pochita... I can't pet him again since he sacrificed himself for me, giving me his heart to live my dreams..." Power stayed silent, not knowing what to say to that information. While Denji thought of something else, now having distanced themselves from each other.

————————————————————
With Makima:

Makima stood in front of five elderly men, one looking at some papers referring to the meeting at hand. "The Soviet War Hawks are getting louder over the American matter. We're also hearing rumors that they're using devils for military purposes." The man proceeded to take off his glasses, "We can only pray that Devils remain Japan's only enemies." The man said with a sigh. "Makima... are the dogs in the squad we gave you coming along...?" Another man with a mustache inquired. "I have one dog that's promising... and one that's interesting." Makima spoke.

"Interesting...?" The man spoke, intrigued by her words about this new "dog". "A puppy I recently took in." The man with the papers in his hands looked up from them in a cold glare. "Your job is to train dogs and use them. Be sure not to get attached like the godforsaken brother who adopted you and Aki." The man spoke sternly before Makima was issued to leave.

She got into Aki's car who was waiting outside with a coffee for her. Makima had given him a brief rundown of the meeting. "Denji is disgusting. There's nothing interesting about him. Why do you have such high hopes for him?" Aki inquired his superior. Makima, after a brief moment spoke. "All devils are born with a name. The more that name is feared, the more powerful the devil itself. Coffee has no scary mental image whatsoever. If there was a Coffee Devil, it would probably be weak. But if what if there was a Car Devil? That conjures up a mental image of getting run over and dying, so that might be strong."

Aki drove forward while Makima spoke, soaking up every word of hers which is basic knowledge for everyone in this world since Devil's are not exclusive to Japan. "Denji can turn into the Chainsaw Devil." Aki turned to the mirror in front of him to give him a better look at Makima. "I really do think that's interesting." For a few seconds Aki thought, forming the correct sentence to speak to Makima. "It's interesting and nothing more. He's useless. Only people with goals or conviction serve in Public Safet. But him, he said all he wants is a to live the easy life. He isn't fit for Public Safety. Not to mention he thinks you can become friends with Devils. He's still a brat. Just some brat."

"But what does that make Ozzie?"

.

.

.

————————————————————
With Denji and Power:

They got off the trolley and began walking up a trail to a house that stood alone near a cliff. " 'Tis that house! Meowy and the devil are in there!" The Blood Fiend pointed at the previously mentioned house. "Huuuh... then let's get our butts over there." So they began walking with Power leading. "Man, I don't really wanna go all chainsaws on it cuz I'll faint." Denji spoke. "Ohh? Go chainsaws?" Power seemed intrigued by his sentence for only a brief moment. "Yeah, I can turn into chainsaws!" "Human jests are so unamusing!" Power said shooting Denji down as they got closer, that's when the dirty blonde started thinking for a moment.

"Huh?" "Yeah? What is it?" The strawberry blonde girl asked the boy. "Isn't it gonna use your cat as a hostage if you show up? You can't come this close with me, right?" Denji inquired stopping in place while Power kept walking briefly. "Ooh? Was that my story?" Power asked confirming something was off for Denji. "Story?" The blonde boy's eyes glared and Power looked back at him. "A slip of the tongue it was."

Denji pulled his axe back and Power's wrist bursted with blood shortly only enough to form a small hammer which she pulled back. Denji swung first, too early as Power capitalized on this to slam the hammer into the back of Denji's head making it bleed and knocking him out. "He's a fool, but he had good intuition..." Power spoke as she dragged Denji into the house.

"You made me wait for quite some time, blood devil... I thought you ran away..." A deep voice resounded in the darkness of the house. "Don't complain! I had to wait that long till I could finally get outside too!" Power yelled back.

"Bat... I brought you a human. Just as you wished!" Power spoke to the large figure in the corner. "My first meal in so long! A young male, eh...? Looks like I'll get to drink blood brimming with vigor!" The giant spoke before it reached an arm out and picked up the injured Denji. "Look at my arm, human! You damn humans did this to me! This infernal wound forced me to hide my grand self!"

"Like I care, idiot!" Denji retorted with a nervous grin. "My meal barks! Humans carved this wound upon me... so I'll heal it with human blood!" With one powerful squeeze of his hand the Devil crushed Denji's ribs, making blood pour out of his mouth as he vomited out a portion of it with a scream of pain. "GYAAAAAAA!!" The Devil recoiled from the taste of his blood, sticking his tongue out in disgust. "You taste revolting!" The Devil yelled out before tossing Denji to the wall.

Now the wound that had been there on the Devil's missing arm healed, bones and muscles reformed and skin and fur covered the healed parts. "Now I've been regenerated..." The Bat Devil spoke as he punched a hole in the roof of the home. "...From disgusting blood because of YOUUU!!" The Devil jumped through the hole and looked upon the city in the distance. "WHAT A REVOLTING TASTE!! I'll have to eat other humans to get rid of this taste!" Power stood in the light that shined down from the hole in the roof and glared at Denji, while he thought of Aki's words. "What do you want? To be friends with Devils?"

Denji looked up at Power who began to speak. "I can't believe you took my story for truth. Humans really are foolish."

.

.

.

.

.

————————————————————
I