Chapter 6: Whispers of the Heart

Dear Diary,

Tristan here. You're more than just a notebook; you're a gift from someone truly special, someone who will always hold a place in my heart.

Life is a journey, and like the pages of a book, people come and go. Some leave lasting impressions, even as the distance grows vast and communication fades. And whenever thoughts of her cross my mind, even as I age and fade away, my heart always reserves a place for her. Just the mere thought of her brings a gentle blush to my cheeks. I find myself clinging to a silent wish for her happiness.

She gave me this diary to express whatever I feel, especially my confused emotions. Lately, my mind is consumed with thoughts of her. How can I convey this to her? The kiss we shared on the deck last night only added to the complexity of my feelings. Priya, whom I've known since childhood, whom I always thought of as a kid, but now, everything feels different. Have I failed to notice before how her beautiful smile lights up the entire room? Have I overlooked those adorable dimples of hers in the past? Have I ever noticed that small birthmark above her lip? Her face, her freckles and everything about her are nothing short of perfection. Does she have any idea how much she drives me crazy? From the moment I saw her on the beach, everything changed. Before, I felt a sense of responsibility for you, Ben, and Riya (Priya's younger sister) every summer. I saw myself as the elder one looking out for everyone. Now, all I want is to lie down in the grass with you beside me, holding hands, just talking and watching the sky. Maybe even doing some crazy things together.

It's like everything feels boring without you. Being with you makes everything perfect.

But I want to put an end to all this, no matter how much I'm drawn to every path that leads to you. And there's this thought that keeps running through my mind constantly: what if I end up hurting you? I would lose so much. If that were to happen, I'd not only lose a friend but also be the reason for this amazing family breaking apart.

Maybe Keeping my feelings hidden is the best course of action, even if it breaks my heart.

I don't have a red tree, but a whole red forest for you in my heart. However, I want to hide it. So I've locked it with an invisible key to conceal it, but even though it's invisible, I'm still afraid of what you might find. I'm struggling, but I've chosen this instead of us, so my pain remains until my last breath.

 I'm struggling, but I've chosen this instead of us, so my pain remains until my last breath