"I'll help you, for a price"

Start from the beginning

But I was not given any test, my time at the Ordane so far has mostly consisted of three things. 1: running away from my siblings, 2: reading books and gardening, and lastly 3: keeping myself together so that I won't turn completely insane after all the crazy stuff in here.

"Luke" hearing my name being called makes me stop thinking and come back to my senses. "Yes?" I replied, "You are not focusing on me" I gulped. "Yes, Duke... I'm sorry for my rude behavior" he only looked at me and then sighed. Oh oh... Am I in trouble? Without me knowing it Leon smiled in amusement while Vincent and Anna watched in silence.

The Duke stands up.

"Last week, Deon captured a rare prey and wished to give it to you as a gift for your birthday"

My eyes widen- "A... Rare prey? For me?" The Duke nodded. I turn around and look at Deon. He looks at me back, "Therefore, you are free to enjoy your new slave today Luke" he says and right after that, the guards begin to push the cart and take off the big fabric that was hiding the cart... A cage? The guards begin to unlock the cage and force the slaves out. "!?" Everyone including me gasp. How can I not!?

It's...! It's a prince!? Not just that! The prince from the Archangel family!?- "What a beautiful prey he is!" One of the kids says, "Aww I wanna have a beautiful slave as well!" The girl said as she clapped her hands. Ah...of course, I finally have remembered this one, in the novel Deon was able to capture one of the princes from the Archangel family and later present it to the Duke.

However, what baffled me the most was why he gave it to me. In the original, he gave it to the Duke himself, but now it was me whom he chose to gift this prince to!? The 'slave' was pushed to the ground as the guard forced him out. "Urgh!" He groans, his body is full of bruises and scars. Blood dripped out of his wound. Oh shoot, if my memory serves me right, he is Cassian-! Well, his other name would be Andrius.

In the original story, he was captured and was later tortured to the point after his nephew, Aria Archangel finds him, he is described as...

'badly disfigured to the point of no confirmation if that's him or someone else's'

But Aria was sure that the dead body was Cassian's body and after that, the war between The Ordane and The Archangel broke out which caused millions of deaths, this also led to betrayal as Aria's Brother framed Aria for treason, and later caused her to be isolated and she later killed herself. The female lead isn't safe either, during that time, she was captured and well she was tortured as well for her ability to read someone's mind. She was captured by the Ordane, but I supposed that part plays a bigger role since that was the time when Deon and her 'fall in love' although it's just her. Deon was revealed to be using her at the end.

I went to Cassian and took his hands. So big and so strong! But as for now he is in a fragile and vulnerable state, he doesn't have the strength to fight against anyone except for me. I'm the easy target after all. I look at the guards, "Stop it! You'll kill him!" I yell! The guards look at me and stop hitting his back, "It's fine," I look at Cassian, his golden eyes meeting mine. "I'll heal you," I say as I close my eyes. But just right before I could start to heal him, my shoulder was grabbed and in the blink of an eye, I was carried like a Loli in a slice-of-life anime!?

"Wha-"

A blade was thrown at us!? I immediately cover my head!!! "Ah!!" Cassian begins to dodge the blade while still carrying me! Is he using me as a meat shield!? "Uh! Please let me go! I just want to heal you!" I yell he ignores me as he continues to dodge the blade that was thrown at him and me! I sighed! Of course, he will, no one wants to listen to me. "Master!" I see Ansel running towards us and charged with a blade in his hand! "Ah wait-!" *Klang!!!!* The sound of a blade hitting another blade can be heard! I cover my ear! That was too *Klang!!!* ...