"I don't know." Harry shook his head. He hadn't shared his worry with Hermione until the day before, when Aviana went to the Hospital Wing yet again, but it had gotten to the point when he would unconsciously direct his attention to the contents of her bag, and the very same flash, with a few vials of the same, pearl-like liquid inside would be there. "Maybe. She's terrified of her dad - who wouldn't be?"

"Exactly, he's like Sirius if he did kill those muggles." Ron shrugged. "I dunno... I don't think she's the type really."

"You don't?" Hermione frowned, and looked uncomfortable for a moment. "She's the best student in the year, is constantly studying, gets top marks on all her homework, is teaching herself the content of two subjects, is on the Slytherin Quidditch team - and, up until a couple days ago, was in the D.A... She looked like she was going to faint when she read that newspaper..."

"She told me Snape made her take a Draught of Peace when he dragged her off. Then Umbridge questioned her about it all when she was off it..." Harry didn't say anything for a moment. "Then for the rest of the week she was always taking sips of it, didn't seem to want me to see... Told Fudge the other day that she doesn't sleep a lot, still thinks he's going to kill her."

"She has a lot to think about, Harry." Hermione said, decisively. "If she doesn't have to think about her murderer, Death Eater father for a bit, I don't think it's really a bad thing."

"Yeah, but-"

"Dumbledore will be back before long," Ernie Macmillan appeared by them suddenly, and seemed to be under the impression that their hushed, serious conversation was about the plaque they were walking beneath in the corridor, one of the many that had been put up overnight after Dumbledore's almost-arrest announcing Umbridge to be headmistress. He had been listening intently to Harry retelling the tale in Herbology. "They couldn't keep him away in our second year and they won't be able to this time."

"Maybe." Ron offered, digging his hands into his pockets.

"The Far Friar told me," Ernie lowered his voice conspiratorially, and the three Gryffindors had to lean closer to hear him, "that Umbridge tried to get back into his office last night after they'd searched the castle and grounds for him. Couldn't get past the gargoyle. The Head's office has sealed itself against her." Ernie smirked. "Apparently she had a right little tantrum."

"Oh, I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Head's office." Hermione said viciously, as they walked up the stone steps into the Entrance Hall. "Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old-"

"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?" Malfoy had slid out from behind the door, followed by Crabbe and Goyle, his pointed face alight with malice.

"Do you want to stop hiding behind things like a coward, Malfoy?" Aviana's voice appeared over his shoulder, and for a moment Harry thought Draco actually looked a touch scared as she strolled over. "When will you start actually confronting people like a normal person. Merlin, it's no surprise that your dad told everyone that he was under the Imperius Curse the first time around, seems to run in the Malfoy blood."

"Didn't your father do the very same thing?"

"Now we both know that my father wouldn't do that." Aviana's eyebrows rose. "I can enlighten you if you've forgotten, maybe it'll knock some sense into you to be hung up by your ankles again."