˗ˋ 24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE GRIMMAULD PLACE

. . .

The end of Aviana's summer at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place had come to an end. It was somewhat anti-climatic of an ending, considering the drama that had occured with her there. But that was of her own doing, of course.

The last night had ended rather dramatically, but Aviana put it out of her mind as she fell asleep, waking up the next morning to Lupin knocking her door and making sure she was up.

There was a lot of commotion around the house, all sorts of noise echoing up to her room. Crashing and banging, shouting and Mrs Black's screaming from her portrait of the wall.

Aviana had showered and changed into a much more Slytherin-centric outfit, her skirt being of a extremely dark green rather than black, and the collar of her blouse underneath the emerald green sweater had green and silver snakes embroidered onto it.

And not to stray away from the theme, her heeled boots had snakes carved into the heel, and a serpent necklace hung around her neck. She pulled most of her hair up into a mess of curls, and placed two clips into her hair, one silver and one green. 

Enchanted earrings hung from her ears, silver ones that seemed to hang like waterfalls. Decided her usual standards weren't exactly appropriate, she toned down the eyeliner and barely applied anything other than that, a bb cream and mascara. Lip gloss coated her lips, one of the wizarding worlds that would change colour upon will.

And after finally settling on a a particular shade of pink, Aviana moved away from the mirror, pulling the back of her skirt down and grabbing knee high socks, pulling them up and then putting her boots on.

"Oh fuck." She swore, realising that she couldn't find her prefects badge. She still had absolutely no intention of telling anyone, but Hermione and Ron would find out on the train - so she had until then.

Having packed the night before, the girl knew for a fact it wasn't in her main trunk, but would either be in her leather backpack that she used for her uniform on the train, or somewhere else.

"Aviana!" A voice yelled, and she straightened up, a sigh escaping her lips as she was torn away from her search. "We need to leave!" The person shouting for her continued.

"Fuck sake." She muttered to herself, abandoning the search and deciding that she would just have to write if she couldn't find it in her stuff.

Her trunk had been magicked downstairs along with Fred and George's, who had appeared behind her on the stairs as she emerged from the corridor. She watched as the trunks almost crashed into Ginny, tuning out the sound of Mrs Weasley's shouting at the twins as she leant against the wall, head between two heads of house elves, mounted to the wall.

"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs.Weasley bellowed, and minutes later Harry and Hermione were hurrying down the stairs. Mrs Black's portrait was still screaming, and if Aviana hadn't wanted to remain as invisible to everyone else as she was, she would've shouted at her to shut up.

"Harry, Aviana, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouted Mrs Weasley over the wails and Aviana rolled her eyes. Of course Potter had to go to the station with a guard - everything just seemed to be making it harder for Aviana to get away from the group without anyone unwanted noticing. "Leave your trunk and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage.. Oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

Aviana felt something nudge her hand, and for the first time that morning attention was drawn to her from the others, the bear-like dog that was her father by her feet. "Remember ruining that coat, hm?" She said, and the dog wagged it's tail, trotting over to Harry as the Rosier girl fought the urge to roll her eyes once more.

The three of them left the house, Sirius bounding joyfully around them. Harry looked like he was itching to say something, glancing over at Aviana every few seconds after asking Mrs Weasley where they meeting Tonks. She just glared at him in reply, less tolerant of this seemingly gormless Potter over the usual one.

An old woman greeted them on the corner. She had tightlycurled gray hair and wore a purple hat shaped like a porkpie. "Wotcher, Harry, Aviana," she said, winking. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" she added, checking her watch. 

"I know, I know," moaned Mrs. Weasley, lengthening her stride, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis... If only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again... but Fudge wouldn't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days...How Muggles can stand traveling without magic..." 

And with that, the group set off, Aviana still worrying about her prefect badge, but rather looking forward to reuniting with her friends and returning to Hogwarts.

Which was where she actually belonged, rather than an old house in London, or an empty Manor in the middle of Wiltshire.