Ch.13: Into the Building

Start from the beginning

"Gotta be careful, there's no telling what's gonna collapse when." Warned Barret. As if on cue, a beam pillar fell beside them. "Noted." Y/n said as they dusted themselves off.

"Hey, you guys might wanna turn around." Advised a resident who survived the collapse. "A friend of ours needs help." Said Tifa. "It's too dangerous." "For you, maybe." Cloud scoffed as he passed by the resident while the others followed behind. "Just try to be careful."

The party began to scale a tower, climbing higher and higher. "I'm guess we climb that to get topside?" Y/n thought as he pointed at a building not to far from them.

"If it comes apart while we're up there

"If it comes apart while we're up there..." He mocked them screaming and followed by making an explosion sound. "We've made it through worse, you know." Cloud reminded. "Yeah, no kidding. It's a miracle we haven't been killed a dozen times over by now." "Thank the gods for that." Said Tifa.

Using their grappling hooks, the party zipped towards a ruined highway tunnel. Yuffie reluctantly allowed Y/n to hold her once more, before pushing him off again. Cloud suddenly stopped and hushed the others. They followed the blonde and looked over towards the building where Shinra troops were patrolling.

 They followed the blonde and looked over towards the building where Shinra troops were patrolling

"Kill team." Said Cloud. "Ripe for the picking." Yuffie commented as she tried to jump over the tunnel, but Cloud stopped her. "We need to stay on mission." He said sternly. "Awww." Yuffie groaned as the Shinra troops moved away. "Saving Aerith is our top priority." Barret reminded. "Fine."

The party continued down the tunnel where two swordsmen ambushed them from behind cars. "You! You're Avalanche!" One said as he jumped towards Cloud who recognized their uniforms. "You're SOLDIERS!" He said, blocking the attack. "Time to show you my chops!" Yuffie spun her Shuriken in hand before sending it flying towards the SOLDIER clashing Cloud. The SOLDIER saw the star and jumped away, however he was blown off the tunnel by Barret's overcharge. Tifa rushed towards the other SOLDIER and sent a flying side kick which he managed to pirouette away from. Y/n conjured his Engine Blade for a warp strike, but Yuffie had beaten him to the punch by catching her returning Shuriken and slashing the SOLDIER across his chest before Tifa sent a kick to his torso finishing him off. "Nice job!" Tifa complimented as the two high fived. "Not bad kid." Barret complimented. Yuffie smiled confidently. "See? Aren't you glad I- hey wait, whaddya mean kid?" "You are the youngest here, aren't you?" Tifa asked. "So? Don't call me a kid! Ever!"