Part 26 (The meeting)

Husks POV

*2 hours ago*

I was getting ready for the meeting, deciding to put on one of my usual suits and slicked my hair back, revealing my little white streak, making me look rather sophisticated.

I knew this meeting wouldn't work if I just started accusing them, so I had to come up with a plan, making sure it wouldn't backfire and put Angel in danger.

Walking out of my room, I spotted none other than Cherrie Bomb on my desk, looking rather annoyed, if I do say so myself. "Can I help you..?" I asked walking toward her. It didn't really bother me that she was on my desk anymore, because ever since I found out that those two cared for each other as siblings, I started seeing Cherrie as a friend. Someone who understood me, even if we annoyed each other.

"You son of bitch." she said. I assumed she was pissed, but couldn't even see her because she was facing down this whole time. "Excuse me?" I asked, clearly not seeing where this was going.

She then hopped down and marched toward me, I swear I could feel detestation with every step she took, however couldn't confirm because she STILL wasn't looking up.

When she finally reached me, Cherrie looked up and all I could see was hatred and tears. She was crying. "Cherr-" I started to say, but got interrupted by the sound of a slap Cherrie had hit me. "What the hell?!" I yelled, clearly fed up.

"We TRUSTED you... ANGEL trusted you... And all you could do was abandon him and tell him you don't care?!" I looked shocked, what the fuck was this lunatic even saying? "Wha-" "The interview dumbass.. Do you know how much I trusted you? How much Angel trusted you? Fuck I knew I shouldn't have believed in you.. And to think that Angel loved yo-" Cherrie then immediately shut her mouth and covered it with her hand. Wait-

"He.. He what?" I asked, taking a step closer as if that would let me hear better. "N-Nothing.. Just forget it." She said, now walking away, but I grabbed her arm so I could make her stay. "No-" I said, water forming around my eyes, but they didn't drop. Not yet. "I heard you correctly. He- you're saying he loves me? Why? Why me?" I asked, feeling every single form of feeling in me. Confusion, love, scared, nervous, anxious. You name it I had it.

"Hell if I know. But if I were to guess, it's probably because you make him feel special and seen. Fuck, you really didn't know? I mean.. He's down bad for you fucker.. Or at least, he WAS. Can't say about right now though." I just looked at her in shock. Here I thought I was destined to be alone. Destined to be in Hell forever as one.

"Right well-" I said, trying to collect all my thoughts. "He can hate me as much as he wants, scream, tell me to go fuck off, but I don't care, he needs me- er. Someone. And I'm going to go save him." I said standing up straight.

"You? You're going to save him? How?" She asked, her face full of confusion. "Simple.. Because I know something they don't know." As soon as I said that, I swear I could feel Alastor laughing. "But anyway- the meeting is about to start so I need to get going. Just- ... Just trust in me okay? I'm going to get him back." I said, now walking towards the doors. As soon as I opened and stepped through, about to leave Cherrie alone in there, she said something. "Don't lose this time." "...Yeah Wasn't planning on it."

When I finally got to the V's studio, I checked my watch to reveal I only had 3 minutes left, and went inside. What I wasn't expecting however, was there to be a huge crowd of reporters waiting for me as soon as I stepped foot in the building.

Completely bombarded with questions, I went to the elevator ignoring them all, and closed the doors. Letting out a sigh of relief, I pressed the level 7 button, and waited to be taken up.