Part 18 (NAMING IS HARD GUYS)

Husks POV

Angel and I were back in his room, sitting on his bed, while Cherrie was playing some sort of games on her phone, constantly looking at me rolling her eyes, but I didn't care anymore. I suppose I could see where she was coming from, but at the same time, I was a fucking overlord... Show me some respect.

I was petting Fat Nuggets- who was on my lap, and so was Angel, who was now laying down. It stayed that way for a while, in a comfortable silence, until Angel broke it. "Is it really gonna be fine if yah don't go?" "Course it is Angie-" Cherrie Bomb interrupted. "He's a fucking Overlord. They can do whatever shit they want and get away with it." She finished. I just shrugged it off. "Your... 'friend' is semi right. While yes, I am an overlord and can leave them to themselves, I don't get to 'do whatever shit I want and get away with it'... There are responsibilities that come with this. I just hope they'll be fine..." Cherrie stopped playing on her phone and looked at me, while Angel also sat up. "What'd ya mean Husky?" Angel asked, taking Fat Nuggets off of my lap and onto his own. I gave a small chuckle. "Last time I left the other managers to their own devices, things got so heated, a literal fire started."

After finishing telling them, it was then Angel and Cherrie's turn to start laughing, and fuck. Angel's laugh was beautiful. It brought out a warm smile on his face and he looked so carefree when he laughed. It was intoxicating. It made me want to kiss him again. But no... I can't.

Angel saw me staring when he was done laughing, and we just stared. That is- until Cherrie, interrupted it. "Oh get a room ya two!" She shouted. This made Angel shout back, both of them now in a playful argument throwing pillows, but I just sat there, not really sure what to do. In a couple of days, the V's are coming. And I had to prepare. Them understanding that I'm the casino Overlord and not looking nervous- something was up. They had a card up their sleeves most likely.

Fat Nuggets, who jumped off of Angel's arms due to all the throwing of pillows, came back over to me and gave me a couple of oinks. I smiled softly, and wrapped my tail around his fat waste, and brought him over to me. Letting my tail off of him, I held him in my hands, laid down, and extended my arms in the air, still holding Fat Nuggets. I didn't even realize, but Angel and Cherrie were now starring at me and Fat Nuggets, doing I don't even know what. I only then realized what they were doing, when I heard a snap though... They were taking a picture.

This made me immediately sit up and give them a grumble telling them to delete the picture, in which case they decided to act dumb and not even know what I was talking about. After about 3 minutes of going back and forth, I decided to let it go though, so Cherrie decided to go take a shower.

Leaving Angel and I alone again, he came back over to the bed and sat down next to me. "Hey... I know I probably already told yah... But thank you. For all of this... First you got rid of the V's-" Shit.. I can't hold this to myself anymore. I'd have to tell him sooner or later. "And then giving me a good place to stay-" Stop... stop no. What if I lose. "-Oh, and don't forget rescuing Fat Nuggets, and bringing him to the Vet" I can't do this... Angel.. I'm sorry.. "But most of all. Just thank you for being here.. And everything." He finished.

Angel then looked at me, and started getting worried. "Husk... What's wrong?" He asked. Why did he ask that though. "Huh? Nothing, why?" "Because you literally look horrified... If it was something I said-" "No.. No, it's not. Fuck. Uhm... Angel?" ... "Yes?"

I looked down and started stroking Fat Nuggets fur. "Husk?.." I looked over at him, worry taking over his whole face. "The V's... This whole thing. It's not over." Now Angel's face showed a sense of shock, obviously. "W-what'd ya mean Husk... Of course it's over... Right?"