Vol. 1 Chp. 1: A Different Student

Start from the beginning

This is the place that I will be starting today.

"Wait a second."

I glanced to see the girl that I was beside on the bus.

She looked firm, "You were looking at me a while ago. Why?

I pulled out my notebook and started writing on it. I noticed that she had a slightly curious look.

'I was wondering if anyone would give up their seat.'

"Are you mute?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Why did you give up your seat?" She asked.

'Nobody was going to do it, so I volunteered.'

She didn't say anything before walking away.

~Timeskip~

The entrance ceremony was what I expected, and it was boring. Following the end of the ceremony, students headed to their respective classrooms and began to talk amongst each other happily.

Social interactions...

I was not good at them. Being mute made it even more challenging, and I was surprised that someone even talked to me.

I can do this.

I stepped inside the classroom, seeing the room half full of students. I noticed the names on the desk and quickly searched for mine.

"It's you," I turned to see the girl who stopped me outside the bus.

Her desk was beside mine, "So, we are in the same class, huh?"

'Kagurazaka Norogumi.'

"A self-introduction?" She questioned.

She was staring at me before looking at my notebook. She looked at me again and sighed, "Horikita Suzune."

I nodded.

I got a better look at Horikita and could see that she was a beauty. She looked like a mature woman.

"The equipment in this classroom appears to be in order! The classroom looks just like the rumors say!" I recognized that voice.

It was the blonde-haired man from the bus.

Horikita sighed, "It seems that I have bad luck."

The man sat down at the seat marked "Koenji." Koenji propped his legs onto the desk, removed a pair of nail clippers, and started maintaining his fingernails. He acted as if he was the only one there and ignored his surroundings.

The bell rang, and I heard the classroom door open. I saw a beautiful woman with her tied-in ponytail walking into the classroom.

"Greetings, I am Chabashira Sae, the homeroom teacher for Class D. My expertise lies in Japanese history, but I will be your homeroom teacher for the next three years at this school. My goal is to build a positive relationship with you, and I will provide written materials and the admission guide to help you better understand the school's unique regulations."

The students sitting in the front seats handed the familiar documents to the person behind them. The document stated that this school has some unique rules that set it apart from other high schools. 

All students must live on campus and are prohibited from contacting anyone outside the school without permission. Even contacting immediate family members is not allowed without the school's consent. 

Leaving the school premises is also forbidden. However, the school has several other facilities to compensate for the restrictions, such as karaoke, theater rooms, cafes, and boutiques, creating a small town-like atmosphere.