Part 8

Author's POV

You just sat outside on the bench with Shriya. It was quiet but peaceful. Somewhere you were happy for some reason but at the same time, you were feeling bad for the girl beside you.

Y/n : Well, I am not the best person you would like to talk to right now, do you want me to call any of your friends?
Shriya : It's fine. I knew this would happen but I was too desperate.
Y/n : Do you really even love him?
Shriya : What kind of disrespectful question is that?
Y/n : Like you said you were desperate......However what I feel love is all about patience and waiting. If you were that desperate for him, you just wanted him, you didn't want him to fall for you. 

Shriya was quiet for a moment.

Shriya : I just wanted to be with him. To spend time with him, to care for him. Is it not love?
Y/n : No. You like him and care for him. Being in love is much more than that, you will know.

You smiled as you understood the slow-burn intimacy you mean by love.

Shriya : Well that's the end of it then.........I hope you get the love you are talking about.
Y/n : I wish the same for you. 

As you were talking with her Jungkook and Taehyung came. 

Jungkook : Shall we leave for home now?
He asked playing with his bike keys. 
Y/n : Well.....
Shriya : I will see you. Bye guys, it was nice to meet you all.

As she was about to leave, you didn't feel it was right to leave her alone.

Y/n : Are you going home alone?
Shriya : Yes I will just wait till my driver comes.

You looked at Taehyung and Jungkook, in another case, Taehyung would have dropped her home. 

Y/n : Jungkook do you mind?
Jungkook : What?
Taehyung : What she means is drop Shriya home.
Y/n : Yes.
Shriya : No it's fine-
Jungkook : It's okay we live close by anyways.

Lie. Jungkook lives totally opposite. But he understands the situation Shriya shouldn't not go alone home after being rejected in front of them and Taehyung should not drop her home so he is the only choice.

Shriya : Are you sure?
Jungkook : Yeah, are you comfortable on a bike- 
Taehyung : Give me your bike and take my car today.

Taehyung said as he threw the keys towards Jungkook and Jungkook threw back the bike keys. It was more rational as Shriya and Jungkook are not close it would be awkward on the
bike for them. 

Shriya : You know how to drive?
Jungkook : Let's see, I was planning to make it fly but let's go by road for now cool?
Shriya : Good because you do like someone high enough to make a car fly.

They both went towards Taehyungs Car and drove off of course bickering. Taehyung on the other hand was happy about the bike ride with you. The cherry on top is the amazing weather the sky was golden and windy as if it would almost rain.

Taehyung : Let's go.
He said as you walked towards Jungkook's bike and he followed you. You have been on this bike many times but never with Taehyung. 

He geared up as you sat behind him holding his shoulders. A smirk came to his face feeling the proximity. 
He drove off as you sat behind him tying your hair into a bun, a true struggle on the bike. 
He just applied the brakes making you throw your body on him and holding him firmly.

Y/n : What was that?
Taehyung : Red Light. Hold firmly if you don't want to fall.

As he again geared the bike you hesitantly held him by the waist. The rest of the ride was silent but peaceful. You were feeling butterflies in your stomach. Taehyung smiled as he saw your timid self in the rear mirror. 

He dropped you home and with a last look he rode off to his home. 

[Next Day]

It was your birthday today, a great day indeed. You were feeling a little bubbly as you entered the college premises. 

Sia : Happy Birthday Girl!!!
Amber : Another year of slaying. Happy Birthday!!!
Y/n : Thank you girls <3

You settled in the cafeteria talking for a few moments before classes. 

Sia : So what's the plan for the evening?
Y/n : We can have a party at the club or my home?
Sia : Won't your parents be disturbed? Let's go to the club.
Y/n : Sounds good.

Amber : Wait......Taehyung told me about some ball that is going to be organized around this time. Let me ask him if we can go there......
Sia : That's amazing. A ball would be so fun, they are so rare these days.
Y/n : Absolutely. 

You said as your eyes sparked with hope. Amber called Taehyung and spoke to him about the ball.

Amber : Girls......
Sia : Don't play Amber......
Amber : WE ARE GOING TO THE BALL......
Y/n : Really??
Amber : Yes. The ball is organized by one of our mutuals so we can go there.
Y/n : It's going to be the best birthday.
You said as you hugged Amber. 
Amber : Oh Thank Taehyung. He is arranging everything.

Y/n : Yes of Course.

[Time Skip]

You came to the rooftop hunting for Jungkook. As usual, as you assumed he is smoking there. You went and sat beside him. 

Jungkook : I knew you would come.
Y/n : And according to me at least today you should have come to me instead of me searching for you.
Jungkook : I love it when you search for me all over the place. Happy Birthday, Y/n.......
Y/n : Thank you, but where is my gift?
You asked as you crossed arms and Jungkook chuckled. He threw the cigarette and took out a recorder from his pocket.

Jungkook : Remember the music I made? Here, this is the full song. It's for you. 
Y/n : My God! Thank you so much. 

You were so excited to hear his soulful voice singing. You put on his headphones and played the song-

Feelin' like I'm floatin'
Something's in the air tonight
We're speakin' with emotions
Won't look away
Love me at my lowest
I'll love you when you're barely holdin' on
Lightin' up the darkness
I can be a shoulder when you're not strong
Closer
Closer to you
Closer
Closer to you
Take you like my last breath
Took me, that's the first step
Closer, with the silk dress
Feelin' your warm embrace
Devil always tempting
But who gon' end the sentence?
We're not meant to blend in
Blended with all your friends
Push and pull to get closer, closer

His voice was amazing. How perfect can a man be? The lyrics were beautiful just like him and the melody.......you can hear him singing day and night.

Jungkook : So? Like it?
Y/n : I love it Jungkook. This is such a beautiful song, thank you so much.

You said as you hugged him making him stunned. He hesitantly hugged you back but by that time you let go. This brief interaction made his heart race. How bitter he was that the moment ended so quickly!

Jungkook : Well, you should go back now...... I am sure certain someone is searching for you to wish.
Y/n : Taehyung?
Jungkook : I did not mention any name. However yes your crush might be waiting.
Y/n : He is not my crush. 
Jungkook : Yeah Yeah.

You stood up and dusted your clothes. 

Y/n : Thank you for the gift again. It was really special.
Jungkook smiled and you made your way out of there.

.
.
Which ship do you like the Most?
JungkookXY/n
or TaehyungXY/n