winning a battle

Meredith is in bed. It's 4:37am and raining. Delilah just finished making breakfast for herself and Meredith. She plans on being a good roommate.
Izzie and George bombarded Meredith with questions and Meredith slams a door in their faces; a moment later, she re-opens it and takes Izzie's coffee and shuts the door again. She slumps against the other side of the door, holding her coffee. Delilah goes in and offers her a plate of waffles.

_________
At the hospital, Bailey complains to the interns,"Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is."  Alex asks George quietly,"So what's up with the Nazi, is she off her meds?" George is surprised he never heard of the race. George and Meredith explain that every year a bar hold an underground bike race and that is completely illegal.

Bailey begins complaining again and then started instructing her interns, "Crazy, a bunch of bike messengers racing against traffic trying to beat each other for free shots of tequila. Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don't mingle with the ER interns, they don't know their ass from their esophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast, take bodies up to the OR yesterday. Don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let's go."

 Izzie and Cristina race off to grab a patient.
Meredith sees a man with bicycle spokes in his side. Alex and Meredith race towards him.

Meanwhile Delilah goes and see a small girl with cuts and bruises. She decided to help her. She learned the girl was with her father to get some breakfast, but her father was now in surgery.
Delilah cleaned and stitched her up her cuts and did neurological testing for sign of brain bleed or a concussion. She then said the girl was good to go. Her mother then discharged her. She kept on working on new patients in the ER.

Later she saw a glimpse of Viper kissing and leaving a shocked Meredith behind.

_______
In the open heart surgery Alex and Delilah assists Burke. Delilah was thrilled to be in the OR, she doesn't know what had happened with the interns and patient , but she is grateful for the opportunity.

Alex complimented Burke's stitching,"Excellent work, sir, excellent."

Burke stated," Flawless. It's a shame he's brain dead, if he wasn't, he'd be on his feet in a few days."

Cristina was watching with Izzie, Meredith and George from the gallery and said,"I seriously hate that guy."

Meredith added, looking down with jealousy in her eyes,"Alex is vermin. That surgery is ours."

Izzie was happy and did not care about Alex stealing the surgery and said,"At least Burke is doing the surgery. I don't care about Alex. George? You did good."

George is not amused with her happiness,glaring at Alex and told her,"I'm going to have to dodge Burke for the rest of my career. He could kill me and make it look like an accident."

A woman entered the OR and said,"The police called. They've identified your John Doe, his wife is on the way."

________
At the end of the day,Meredith enters her house while Izzie and George go through video tapes and Delilah was making some dinner. Izzie was going through a box, looking through tapes,"Ooh, this one is skin grafting!"

George looked at one tape and excitedly said,"Skin grafting? No way! I've never seen that done before."

Meredith was furious and exclaimed, "Are those my mother's surgical tapes?"

George said,"We should watch the skin grafting one first."

Meredith asked them," Where did all this stuff come from?"

Izzie was confused by her reaction and answered,"Oh, I unpacked some of your mother's things. I was upset, and when I'm upset I like to nest."

Meredith stares, then starts taking pictures down.

Izzie picked up one tape and Meredith told her,"No. No. We're not watching my mother's surgery tapes, we're not unpacking boxes, and we're not having long conversations where we celebrate the moments of our lives. And use a coaster!"

George thought food would make her less angry and said,"...I ordered Chinese food."

Meredith angrily walked up the stairs,"I hate Chinese food!"
She storms upstairs and Izzie and George exchange looks and giggle. Delilah finished making herself a pasta and made a plate for Meredith and took it upstairs, hoping to cheer her up.

________
Outside the hospital, Meredith talks to Cristina and Delilah,"They're everywhere. All the time. Izzie's all perky, and George does this thing where he's helpful and considerate, they share food and they say things and they move things, and they breathe.They're like happy. I only like Delilah there and she feeds me." Delilah gave a small laugh.

Cristina casually said,"Kick them out. And I will keep Delilah. "

Meredith stated,"I can't kick them out. They just moved in. I asked them to move in. And Delilah makes the best food, so nothing will take her away, if I have a say in it."

Cristina then said," Ahh man.So what, you're just going to repress everything into some deep dark twisted place until one day you snap and kill them?"

Meredith said," Yup." Delilah playfully shoved Meredith and told them,"As long as I don't have to clean up the blood and bodies. Oh and then there will be less people using all the hot water. I swear Georgie takes too long in the shower, he's worst then a women."

Cristina laughed at Delilah's words and joked," This is why we are friends."

________
Delilah and Alex worked in Trauma and Delilah sees Viper waiting in a chair. " Hey, Alex. How long has Viper been here? He is not looking too hot." Alex said to Delilah, rolling hus eyes,"I don't know, I am busy with real cases. He's all yours."Viper starts to cough and Delilah walks worriedly towards him.

He tries to get up and she runs to him, but he falls unconscious and blood is starts to come out of his mouth.

She lifts up his shirt and sees that his stitches have ripped open and the area around them has swelled up to the size of a small melon. Delilah gets Viper on a gurney, she gets on top of him and tries to hold his wound closed, she asks a nurse,"Tell the OR, we are on their way and page Bailey."

They arrive and go into the OR. Delilah is still straddling Viper.

Bailey was not expecting this, "Well, this is a new one. Somebody get her off my patient. Delilah, go get cleaned up and scrub in, Alex, get back downstairs. Someone paged Dr Grey to scrub in."

Alex stated,"Yeah, but I helped."

Bailey argued," Helped! They tell me down in the Pit that you only want to take the hot cases. In every pack of interns there's always one fool that's running around trying to show off, and Alex, this time that fool is you. Get out. Somebody get me something to stand on, lower this table. The mountain's going to have to come to me."

________
Bailey, Delilah and Meredith walk out to see Viper's friends. A girl asked them," How is he, is he okay?"

Bailey was furious at today's events and ranted," Is he okay? No. No, he is not okay, at all. He hurled his body down a concrete mountain at full speed for no good reason. Yeah, I know you all pierce yourselves and smoke up and generally treat your bodies like your grungy asses can't break down to A, you want to kill yourselves, flying down a concrete mountain, go to it, but there are other people walking, people driving, people trying live their lives on that concrete mountain, and one of them got his brains scrambled today because one of you little sniffling no-good snot-rag -Yeah, yeah so no, your friend Viper, as far as I'm concerned, is not okay."

Delilah and Meredith shared a suprised look as Bailey stalks off.

Meredith responded to the group of friends,"She's, um, really tired, but, uh, Viper's going to make it. He's gonna live. "

Meredith opens her front door, walking in with Delilah. Izzie, Cristina and George are eating pizza, drinking beer, and watching a surgical tape. Everyone stops to look at them and George quickly blurts out,"Cristina made us." Cristina glares at him. Meredith asks,"What are we watching?" Delilah and Meredith joined the group and sat down and grabbed some popcorn. They watch for a few seconds and then suddenly, they all recoil screaming and laughing with shock at the tape.

Delilah though that this day was amazing and she wouldn't wait for the future of medicine.