if tomorrow never comes

Delilah went to the hospital at 2 am, when she woke up and couldn't sleep again. Meredith came into her room at 2 and told her about all the details of her encounter about Bailey catching her in the car.

Bailey tells the interns,"When we walk in this door, you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit, or drop you jaw. Are we understood?"

The door open and they enter room 2111, as she presents Annie Connors, suffering from a gigantic tumor. Alex warmly greeted," Good morning, Annie. How are you? This is Dr. Bailey and these are my fellow interns."

Bailey reprimanded, "Dr. Karev, we refer to patients as "mister"..."

Annie corrected her,"I told him to call me "Annie." "Miss Connors" makes me feel old and fat, which I am, but why feel that way?"

Burke enter the room and said,"Good morning."

Alex presented, "Annie Connors is a 43-year-old woman who presented last night with progressive shortness of breath for the past three months. Found to have a very large tumor of unknown origin pressed against her diaphragm. Stable vital signs. Scheduled for CT this morning, sir."

Burke said,"Thank you, Dr. Karev. Are you at all claustrophobic?"

Annie stated," I've been housebound for the last year. How claustrophobic could I be?"

Burke informed he'd," All right then. Dr. Stevens is going to take you up for a CT. It'll give us a better look at the tumor, and we'll know how to proceed."

Annie asked him,"  Would it be possible for Alex to take me instead? I mean, he...He's just so fun to look at."
Burke nodded his head and also sent Delilah  too.

Alex and Delilah are with Annie in the CT room, reassuring her that everything will be fine because he'll be right there waiting. Alex discusses Annie, without realizing she can hear everything she says.

Delilah hit him and said," So you fucking asshole. I also waited for years to fix a medical problem,so it is normal. Do not judge people. You do not know what shit they went through. Here I thought you were a nice person."

Delilah got up and went for get some air.  She went into a closet and Derek saw and followed her with concern. Derek saw her starting to cry and hyperventilate. He gave her a hug and tried to slow her breathing. "I am suppose to be dead. I had several tumors when I was a child. I knew I was sick,but I did not what to go to the hospital. I was in a hospital after I had a seizure and fell unconscious. People think coming to hospital is easy, but it is not. Annie wanted too long and she might die."

Derek comforted her and she was calm now and then she quietly threatened him,"If you tell anybody, I will slash your tires." She walks back to Annie's room.

Burke and Alex go over Annie's prognosis as Annie's mother orders her bed. Annie has doubts about the surgery, but her mother insists she will have the surgery. Annie concedes, but requests Alex scrubs out of the surgery, subtly hinting that she heard him talking about her. She wanted to have Delilah there.

When George left the room after drawing some blood, Delilah came in and sat next to her and said," I am so sorry for Alex's behavior. You don't deserve what he said. You are a kind woman. And you have a chance." They talked for a bit.

Alex watches Annie's operation. George fumbles, and Burke scolds him. Alex mocks him from the bench.

Alex enters gallery of Annie's surgery

Alex asked on of the doctors,"Excuse me. How is it?"

Doctor replied," Long and slow. I don't envy those two. They've been holding that thing for eight hours. Their arms have to be ready to fall off."

Burke spoke," Look at the size of this artery."

Bailey in disbelief said,"My God. It's as thick as a thumb. You ever seen a vessel this size?"

Burke answered, "No. This thing's just feeding on all her blood."
Delilah then said,"We need more O-negative."

Nurse stated,"I'll call the blood bank."

George stretches and drops the tumor.

Burke exclaimed,"Damn it, O'Malley. Do you want me to kill this patient?I mean, is the art of retracting just too much for you?"

Delilah is in awe of the beauty of the tumor,"It's more intertwined than the studies made it look."

Bailey ordered the OR staff," Hang another bag, call the blood bank. We need more O-negative."

Burke said," I'm down 10 units of blood and I haven't even flipped her yet."
Blood vessel burst, squirting blood all over Derek, Delilah and Bailey.

Bailey stated in shock,"She can't afford to lose this much blood. We need more blood."

Derek ordered," Get me some suction here. I can't see what I'm doing. Clamp, clamp, clamp, please. Is there any blood in the rapid infuser? What did you cut?"

Bailey defended herself,"Nothing. It just blew. She came" in with too much damage. The artery walls are too weak.

Derek said," I cannot see. Delilah, give me your hand. Push right down here. Pull it towards you. Suction! Suction!" Delilah stuck her hand in the cavity and cross clamped the abdominal aorta, trying to stop the bleeding."She needs blood. Where the hell is the blood?!"

Alex runs through the hall with the blood.

Derek said,"Some suction, please, in here, now. Come on. We're losing her now. Look at this. Look at his. Come on. " Her heart flatlined and Delilah started CPR
Delilah begged ,while performing CPR,"Oh, come on! Come on! Come on!Time of death is 11:42."

Alex comes in immediately after with the blood, but he's too late. Everyone walks away except for Delilah, as he's left watching at Annie. Delilah put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, before also leaving.

Delilah and Alex ended up at Meredith's house and talked about their sad childhoods.  Delilah was an orphan her whole life, she had cancer,heart problems and was attacked once by one foster parent. Alex opened up about his dead beat dad and schizophrenic mother and his siblings.

He slept on her couch that was in the attic.

Under the rain, Derek and Meredith spend a tender moment together, before getting into Derek's car.