save me

Derek returns to Meredith's bedroom and finishes getting ready as Meredith watches on.

Izzie is in the kitchen with George complaining that her cupcakes still don't taste right. He disagrees and says Martha Stewart would be proud of these cupcakes. Izzie thinks she's missing something, one specific ingredient. George suggests she just call her mother and ask, but Izzie doesn't want to do that.

Meredith watches Derek brush his teeth in the bathroom and suggests they sleep at his place tonight. She doesn't understand why they always sleep at her place and wonders if he even has one. Derek doesn't answer and heads downstairs to the kitchen. He greets George who offers one of Izzie's cupcakes for breakfast.

Derek says he likes it here, that Meredith prefers having her things here, sleeping in her own bed as he gathers a bowl and cereal. Delilah was grumpy,because she did not get Noah's number . She starts to eat a lot of cupcakes. Derek and Meredith shared a worried look for the young intern. George asks if he's a health nut as he easts muesli every morning, which Derek denies. Izzie says he definitely does, the last 7 days at least. Derek then realizes he's been there all week.

__________
Bailey sent Delilah to the trauma bay . Delilah attend to a six month old baby, Michael, who is suffering from diarrhea and vomiting, brought in by his parents. The baby has an enlarged liver, and the parents tell her that the baby has been lethargic recently. She paged Bailey and asked if she should involve a pediatric specialist. Bailey recommended the new pediatric surgeon, Noah Scott. She pointed to where he was.

Delilah walked up to him with the patients file and cleared her throat and spoke," Excuse me Doctor Scott, I have a patient..." He turned around and she looked at him with wide eyes. She was not going to let her personal life come inbetween her patients. " As I said, I have a patient, 6 months old, suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. And has an enlarged liver." She showed him the file and all the blood results. Noah was amused by her, the intern who he has seen naked, acting professional.

Dr. Scott who indicates that the baby Michael probably has cardiomegaly, a genetic disease causing inflammation of the heart. The specialist tells the parents that they could be carrying recessive genes, which would explain why they don't show symptoms. The baby's heart slows, and they intervene, bringing his vitals back up and moving him to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Dr. Scott and Dr. Thompson send for genetic sequencing from the baby and both parents, to find the exact cause of the problem. In the PICU the baby collapses again and is again recovered by Dr. Thompson.

Delilah goes to Pathology, where Joey, one of the lab technicians, helps her with the sequencing the baby's genome.  Later, that evening, Dr. Scott tells Delilah to leave, and tells her the baby is stable in the PICU. Delilah stays at the hospital overnight instead, watching over the baby. In the morning, at the hospital, Joey wakes Delilah, who fell asleep while watching the baby.He has brought the genome sequencing results and Delilah paged Dr. Scott.

Dr. Scott and Delilah tell baby Michael's parents that he has LCADD (long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency), a rare genetic condition that prevents the baby from process any fat. As a result, the baby can only use glucose for energy, causing a severe drop in blood sugar. They are administering dextrose to help him and he will be able to have a long healthy life with a properly managed diet. The parents gratefully embrace the doctors, including Delilah.

In the morning before rounds, Delilah was finishing her paperwork, a coffee is placed next to her. It smelt like heaven to her. A mocha. " I brought this, so that we can talk about us." She looked around, seeing no people around and dragged him into a closet to talk in private, in hand with the coffee. " What are you waiting for? Talk." She said, then taking a sip of the heavenly drink. " I want to be in a relationship with you. I enjoyed the other night so much. I could not stop thinking about you. " He replied, leaning closer to her.

She could not stop herself, she kissed him. It turned into a hot make out session of a few minutes before they broke apart. "I think we should take this slow and get to know each other exclusively. Not dating yet and because we are now working together, we should keep this on the down low. How old are you anyway?"

He said that he was 31 and that he also skipped a few years when he was a child. He agreed with taking it slow and to keep it a secret for now. She press her lips to his for a quick kiss and put her number on his phone and said to call her.