An... Applin? (Guruminshipping)

Start from the beginning

"Let me guess, you want to ask out Dot, don't you?" Mollie asked, raising an eyebrow and giving a smug smile.

"Uhhhhh, is it really that obvious?" I asked.

"Yes, it is," Mollie replied, then taking a sip of coffee from a white mug with a Chansey on it.

"What Molls is trying to say is, we can totally help you!" Orla said.

So I told the two all about my feelings for her and that I had like a really big crush on Nidothing and that I felt so weird when I found out they were Dot all along. The two listened and commented on certain bits, but then it came to the big question I had to ask.

"So, how did you two confess your feelings to each other?" I asked.

"Well, it may seem weird, but I was actually the one out of the two of us to confess first," Mollie announced.

"Really?" I responded, very puzzled because it seemed like Orla would have been the one to confess first.

"That's only because I was the one who took us out on the meal but then got too nervous, and you popped the question before I could have a chance!" Orla exclaimed, her face going red with embrassment.

"But how though, just a simple question or -" I was about to finish my question, but the two answered quickly.

"With an Applin!" The two interrupted in unison.

"An Applin?" I questioned.

Applins are simply just a pokémon who lives in an apple and evolves depending on what type of apple you give it, how can that have anything to do with love and romance?

"Well, it is said that if you give an Applin to someone, it shows someone that you really love them!" Orla explained.

"Interesting..." I mumbled.

"Maybe you should try it, we're flying right past Galar soon, and I'm sure there is a lot of Applin there," Mollie suggested.

"That's a great idea, I'll go talk to Friede!" I banged the table and said before running to the door, "Thank you!"

I knocked on the door of the control room, desperately hoping we could stop at Galar. Soon enough, the door opened, and I found that both Friede and Captain Pikachu were staring at me.

"Sorry to bother you, b-but... can we stop in Galar, please?" I asked.

"Why?" Friede asked.

"Well... I r-really want to c-confess my feelings to Dot, and Orla and Mollie told me to get her an Applin, so...." Before I could finish my sentence, the man put a finger to my lips.

"Say no more, I understand how much you care for Dot!" He said, "Cap, could we land in the Wild Area?"

"Pi-ka!" Captain Pikachu replied, giving a thumbs up.

I beamed up at Friede and then wrapped my arms around him, giving him a hug. He was a little shocked that me, our of all people, was doing this to him, but that didn't stop him from hugging me back.

I then watched by the balcony of the ship with Roy as we began landing in Galar. I was constantly on the lookout to see if Dot was nearby, and Roy kept on commenting on this, which annoyed me a lot.

Soon enough, we landed down into the Wild Area. Friede told me and Roy that Applins are commonly found Mt shaking trees, and then set us off on a task to find one.

But as we failed to even shake a tree, they were so stiff it was impossible.

"Are we even shaking the right trees?" I asked Roy, "I saw in a picture book once that it is a lit easier to shake Berry trees and that pokémon can fall out of them!"

"Maybe there is one over there, so let's try it!" He responded, pointing to a tree filled with berries nearby.

We ran over and began shaking it. With both of our strengths combined, we were able to shake it enough, and suddenly, something fell and hit Roy on the head!

"Owwwww!" He screamed in pain.

I jogged over to find that the thing that had his his head was an Applin!

"It's an Applin, I need to catch it!" I said.

"Go for it..." Roy mumbled, still lying headfirst on the floor, so it was difficult to hear him, but he gave a thumbs up.

I really wanted to just get this over with rather than battling it, so I decided to throw a Poké ball at it. This didn't work the first time, but after I got used to a Great ball, I was able to catch it.

"Yes, I just caught an Applin!" I announced.

Roy finally stood up and looked down at my Great ball that contained the newly caught Apple Core Pokémon inside.

"Good for you," He replied sarcastically.

We headed back to the airship and told Friede about everything that happened. He was really proud of me, but then told me to take the big step and now ask Dot out.

"A-are you sure?" I stuttered.

"Yes, it's the right time, and I bet Dot has been wondering what you have been doing all day!" Friede replied.

I nodded with a lop-sided smile and then got out my Rotom Phone and texted Dot.

Me:
Hello Dot, can you meet me by the balcony please, I have something to show you

She replied pretty quickly.

Dot:
Yeah sure

I took a deep breath, and with the Great ball behind my back, I walked out of the control room. I had to wait a few minutes, but soon enough, Dot arrived and stood next to me.

"Hey Liko, so what is this about?" She asked.

"Well, uhhhhh..." I mumbled.

But then I remembered the supporting voices of the other crew mates and all of the advice they had given me.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" I exclaimed, handing her the Great ball.

"What?" She questioned, inspecting the ball.

"Open it!" I suggested.

She threw the ball, and out came the newly caught Applin. And even though I couldn't fully see her face because of her long fringe, I knew she was blushing under it.

"Liko, do you not understand what it means to give an Applin to someone on this type of day?!" Dot exclaimed, but then came to the realisation of my true intentions.

"D-dot, will you go out with me?" I asked, bending down on one knee and giving her the Applin.

It took her a minute to process that it was ME asking her out despite how clueless I may have looked to her, but she then bent down and kissed me on the lips.

"Yes!" She replied when she rose back up.