One More Dance? (Contestshipping)

This is a fluffy Contestshipping oneshot where there is a ball taking place in Lilycove City and May goes, hoping Drew would be there too...

-------

May's POV:

Today was a nice and quiet Saturday. There weren't any contests on at the moment so I was now back at home with my family.

But as I was just lying around, not doing much other than staring up at the ceiling, my door suddenly burst open.

"May! MAY!" Max shouted.

I turned to my side to see my younger brother bouncing up and down with excitement, his black lense glasses slipping down his nose.

"What is it, Max?" I asked, my tone sounding annoyed because I wanted peace again.

He wanted to ramble on and on about something but didn't know how to start but didn't know how to, so he handed me a yellow envelope. It had a stamp with the logo of the Pokémon Activities Committee on it and was addressed directly to me.

"This better not be another round of Pokémon contests they've started!" I said as I began it open, "I'm so tired of it!"

I've started to realise that as the months have gone by, I've started to not enjoy performing in contests as much as I used to. There hasn't been much competition recently, other than a new, rising star named Lisia and her friend Serena, and I haven't seen Drew in ages...

Drew, I miss him so much! I miss his shiny, green hair, his twinkling, green eyes, and... I just want to see him again so badly.

I read through the letter, and it said how there would be a ball for the best contest competitors taking place today at Lilycove City. It also said how the cutest couple with the best dance would win and take home a special ribbon!

"It sounds exciting, doesn't it?" Max asked.

"Yeah, it does!" I replied, "I can't wait to hopefully see Dre- I mean my friends, again!"

I think my younger brother has known for a while that I have feelings for Drew, but I don't admit to it, and he continues to tease me about it.

"Yeah, right!" He replied with a smug face.

"Just get out!" My face went as red as a Tomato Berry, and I threw my pillow into his face, knocking off his glasses.

He picked them up and placed them on his face before skipping out of my room, chorusing. "May likes Drew! May likes Drew!" as he did. He's so annoying!

I read back though the letter a few more times before slipping it back in the envelope and placing it on my bedside table. I then got out my PokéNav Plus and decided to message to see if he would respond.

It took a few attempts to get the right words out, but I managed to find the perfect thing to say:

Me:
Hey Drew! We haven't spoke in a while but are you coming to the ball being held in Lilycove City?

I waited in my room for a few hours bit had no reply. There weren't even ticks to show if he's read the message!

I just haven't seen him in ages, and I'm worried. He could be dead for all I know, but I really hope he isn't and that he'll come.

Because to be honest, someone like me can't just go to a ball and not have a date. I would get made fun of by Harley or Brianna and then just... lose all confidence in myself.

But later on and still with no reply, I knew I had to get ready anyway. I did some rummaging around in my wardrobe until I picked out a long, crimson red dress. I then found a few gold bracelets, black heels and a magenta bow to tie my hair up with and I was ready.