Vol 3 Chap 3: Marionette

Start from the beginning

In fact this leads to much more complications such as them accusing you after realising it, or playing mind games.

Isn't being completely random yield similar results?"

Kei's question made Chiaki to stumble. Good.

"That's..."

I couldn't have said it any clearer. That's exactly correct, Chiaki's strategy only complicated things without yielding any better results than being random.

At the same time it's not even complete, she still has to think for A-class, which is much harder.

Not a lot of outcomes favours them. It will be a different story if the last three outcomes were in the favour of A-class instead of being a neutral outcome where everyone loses.

This just means that the distribution of the roles for classes should be equal for every class. If the roles had equal leverage against each other, then random selection across all 12 groups was possible.

12 groups, 4 classes. Each roll is achieved thrice. Across all the 12 groups, our class gets the role of either Q or R, 3 times. Can't bet on that, can we?

"Really unfair for A-class right?" I pointed out.

"Yea, really unfair... Though I think there are some hidden outcomes." Chiaki mentioned.

"Hmm, the wordings were specific, but at the same time it felt like a diversion."

"A diversion?"

I gave a small clue to Chiaki. People by now probably learnt the subtle hints that are given to us. But doesn't it feel like this one is pretty obvious? What if it's a cover up?

"Nah, just a feeling. Well I am not the leader anymore, I gave the mantle to Horikita."

Chiaki nodded her head.

"Wait Horikita?" Chiaki asked in a mild shock.

"Why her?" simultaneously Kei asked curiously.

"Why not? Also why are you shocked?" I aimed my latter question towards Chiaki.

"No, I am not surprised you chose her, rather I am surprised she accepted."

I felt slightly disappointed that Chiaki didn't fight me. I hoped she would, at least asking why not make her the leader.

She clearly knows that the Horikita right now is much more suited as a leader than her.

"Well, she wants to be in class A when he graduates, maybe more than anyone right now."

Both of them hummed. It's not a secret that Horikita is a bro con.

"Well, I am still willing to help in this exam. If you want to clarify something, then ask."

"No need for that Kiyone. We all relied on you so much. It's our turn to help you." Chiaki said with passion brimming in her eyes.

"Cringe" Kei spoke.

"Not as cringey as when she asked me out" Kei burst out in laughter hearing that.

Chiaki was fuming, both from embarassment and anger.

"Chiaki, I was bullied" Chiaki did her best ... Kei impression?

Suddenly the laughing halted, when Chiaki gave her a smirk.

"Well well Chiaki, you know... I can show Kiyone our 'chats' before you guys started dating-"

"Wait wait wait, that's cheating." Chiaki suddenly panicked.