Vol 2: Chapter 5: Island Exam Part 1

"Why are we heading towards the cave when you exposed the importance of it publically Demon-girl?"

I stopped in my tracks, so did he.

Interesting.

"What are you saying Koenji? Demon girl? I thought you were a gentleman. Never thought you would be rude to me" I feigned ignorance.

"No need to act demoness, or should I call you Masterpiece".

I sighed at his words.

"How do you even know about that place?"

"I watched you once, from the other side of the window. My father is also one of the sponsors of that white hell" he combed his hair looking into a mirror.

Did he just sneak the mirror and comb without the school noticing?

"So, why exposing yourself now? Isn't it better to keep me in the dark about it? You yourself made you my enemy now. Or are you confident that you can defeat me?" I glared at him.

"Demon-girl, it's true that you were undefeated inside that cage, but this is not that place. I know you are not like these peasants.

But don't think you can eliminate this beautiful perfect existence such as myself.

I never had the idea of making you enemy. We both are aware that I know your knowledge about me knowing you. You must have noticed my micro expression changes in the bus.

It was nearly impossible to contain my surprise. But that is not enough to hide from you. You clearly noticed my change in expression.

Also I am from an esteemed family which owns Koenji conglomerate. So it's not far fetched to think that our family is a sponsor to that ugly place"

Yes, I already knew about this. It was only a matter of time Koenji confronted me.

Narcissistic behaviour is characterized by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.

People with narcissistic personality disorder have an inflated sense of self-importance, a sense of entitlement, and a need for constant attention and admiration.

While he doesn't have that disorder, he feels a sense of entitlement by praising himself. The psychology of this narcissistic thoughts is complex and involves various factors, including early childhood experiences, genetic predisposition, and cultural and societal influences.

Early childhood experiences are believed to be a significant factor in the development of this kind of behaviour.

Children who receive excessive praise and admiration from their parents or caregivers without being held accountable for their behavior may develop a sense of entitlement and an inflated sense of self-importance.

Conversely, children who receive little or no attention or validation may develop a compensatory need for attention and admiration.

Koenji could come under anyone of these two.

He innately fears that I will make his fantasies false. Him confronting me about this is simply a self-satisfaction for him. Even if I attack him, he wants to believe he will easily defend it.

Koenji is by no means a fool. He is simply plucking of the weed of doubt in his heart. He is very confident in his skills. Nothing wrong with it, but I am sorry Koenji, I need an enormous victory, I need those 30 extra points.

While it's true that I can still win by a large margin even with kenji retiring, this conversation changed my mind. I am going to make him stay.

"So I suppose you are going to retire"