𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚: 𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙅𝙚𝙛𝙛

(Chapter Three: Just Like Jeff)

Looking down it the hole was rather unpleasant. You didn't think you had anything you could throw down to see what was down there, and the rubble and bits of flooring around the hole wouldn't help much besides clatter when they hit the bottom. In fact, it'd be better to just throw yourself down Jeff Hardy style. Wait... could you?

You had grabbed a ladder from the storage room and set it up in front of the hole and you were now standing on it. Yes, this was highly dumb, dangerous, stupid, erratic, and not thought out at all. Which was why you were doing it, of course. Yes, you were indeed growing to be a teenager but you still did things you did in your younger years. You had admired Jeff Hardy for a long time for his stunts, mostly his backflip jump body slams on enemies. You steadied yourself, thinking about the last time you did something like this. No, no time to think about it! It was now or never, since your rational thoughts began to kick in, and that would prevent you from doing something stupid. Before you did jump, you took the backpack you had on off your back and let it fall first, since there were things in there that might break. You watched it fall and as much as you didn't want to, before even really had a chance to debate it, you had jumped off the ladder backwards, trying to mimic one of Jeff Hardy's top ten jumps. You hit your head once or twice on something, and you were pretty sure you heard something pop before you started sliding. It became clear what this was. A slide. A really well-kept slide considering the circumstances of the factory. After some sliding, it ended and you landed on some more tiled flooring. Head first. Of course, it was lights out for you. 

Ironically, this sent you back to the first time you tried to be the next Jeff Hardy. On your friend's trampoline, with his friends filming. You had tried to do a backflip body slam into a spare mannequin that was in a dumpster at the back of a Walmart since some kid had puked on it to protest his mother not getting him candy. At least, that was what Josh said happened when he was there. You had all chosen to wash it off with the hose, but after that not working, you just flipped it to the side that didn't have a big green stain on the torso. They counted down and when it hit 2, you jumped early and you did indeed hit the target at the cost of... well, breaking your arm. As the ambulance drew closer, Tristan, the kid who was recording asked if he could send the clip to MTV. Once you were done groaning and groveling in your own self pity, you gave a weak thumbs-up with your hand on the arm that wasn't broken. Your mother had to move after that since a job had opened up, dragging you along with her to a new town, so you never found out if Tristan got it sent in, which had greatly disappointed you. You had suffered, for what? Nothing. 

You woke up shortly after the dream sequence, still whining silently with a few grunts of pain out as you picked yourself up slowly, just like last time you did this. The difference was that you didn't break anything this time. You figured the snap your heard was just your neck popping. Your mother went to chiropractors since they were not just good for the body, but also; "Good for the soul." She bought into anything that promised bettering the soul or mind. You took a moment to grab your backpack, going through it for a moment. There was the VHS tape which wasn't broken somehow, a notebook for doodles, a flashlight, some airpods in their case, your phone, a charging cord and plug, a 2-year old granola bar you hadn't taken out yet. Your phone was dead, and you didn't have a battery pack since you figured you'd never get this far in and you could just go back to the car and charge your phone. How silly of you. Looking around the room, there wasn't much that would be useful, just more rolling gates. There was one ahead of you that had a sign reading; "Play Station" with a train sign above it. Did that mean there was a train station up ahead? A way out, perhaps? It wasn't far fetched, since you had read something about a train in Playtime Co. to help transport workers and parts around faster, and even children for the "Playcare" they had, their very own on site orphanage for children- a very big one from the pictures you had seen on reddit or twitter when you dug through the slop to get to the good stuff. You had spent countless nights digging through the internet to find anything about Playtime Co. You had compiled every little picture and text file, and even foundation blueprints of parts of the factory. Everything that was public, anyway. To your left was a room with a power sign above the open door, but to your right was a slightly open rolling gate, with blood splatters staining the ground around it. Yes, it was dry but the effect remained the same. It was blood, and there was a bloodlusty Huggy Wuggy running around- who's to say that more toys weren't like that? Like that flower mascot. Or that jack-in-the-box one? You forgot their names, but it was something like that. 

Looking around the power room, it was clear you didn't have the tools to start the power to open the Play Station door. You looked at the ajar gate door, noticing there was just enough room to crawl under it. You got to your knees in front of the door, peeking under. There was some construction stuff on the other side, so maybe there was something you could use. You slid under the gate before starting to rummage through the stuff left behind. It was worth noting there was another one of those "void rooms" you hated, but it at least felt like something wouldn't come out of it. It felt safer, you suppose. After some rummaging through things, you had found what seemed to be a attachable cable line and a small toolbox. It had a few things like a hammer and a wrench, a few screwdrivers and other junk you didn't know how to use. But there were batteries for a drill which had been bashed in two. You cast aside the broken drill and put the batteries in your backpack and slung the toolbox around your shoulder, and it found it's place on your hip. It was one of those satchel-like toolboxes you could walk around with as if it was a purse or something. Heading back to the power room with the cable and your new tools, you managed to hook up the cable to the sources and got the power running after figuring out that the weird poles on the catwalks had to be powered. And for some reason, it'd trigger this weird defense system where one of these gates would shoot up, undoing your progress by disconnecting the cord from the socket. After some puzzle solving, you managed to figure it out. Power had been rerouted! The sparks following the wires connecting to the door made sure you knew that. As you stepped out, you heard someone collide with the floor in front of the slide and it was nobody else but your mother. You stood there, a little surprised as she got to her feet. You totally wanted to backhand her, but you knew better. 

You were unsure what to say, but thankfully she started off the conversation for you.
"Oh! Hey kiddo..." Her voice trailed of, since she knew what she did was wrong. "Hi, mom." You took off the mask,  setting it in your toolbox satchel. "The fuck was that about? Like, genuinely. What the fuck, mom?" You glared at her as she got to her feet, her eyes meeting yours. "Well... I... I thought Huggy had fallen and..." Her voice trailed off again, before she looked away. You took a few steps toward her, stopping a foot or so away, shoving her lightly as you spoke. "You owe me. Like, I'm talking cash reward or something, mom." She snickered lightly, not at the fact she had nearly gotten you killed, but that her business-smarts rubbed off on you. "I think I owe you more than just money, kiddo." She looked past you down the hall of the door you had just opened, smiling. "You did that?" You nodded, joining her gaze. "Yeah. Found some cording and used it to power the power stuff in that room right there." It wasn't needed but you gestured at the power room. "Okay, there should still be a train in the station..." She started muttering to herself about a plan before perking up. "Okay! Up in the Play-Station should be a train that leads to a way out of this place, but it most likely needs a code to operate. Which I luckily have!" She held up a piece of paper with some symbols and colors on it. "Where'd you get that?" You looked at her, then back at the hallway. "Oh, Ludwig's office always had some spare code papers." You picked the mask back up, choosing to ask her about it. "Hey, do you know why I found this in the security office in the lobby?" She looked at it, before taking it from you and analyzing it. "Nope." She handed it back to you, before she started walking down the long hallway. After putting the mask back on, you jogged to catch up to her. You bumped into her playfully before she launched her red hand to a red hand panel which should have powered the gate below it, but sadly... It was greeted by a pink hand snatching it away. 

A gasp echoed out from the void above as the hand was snatched, and a eager voiced cried out. "A new set of playmates!" One of the pink hand gripped onto the wall, and then another, and another, and another. That was when she showed her face. It was... "Mommy Long Legs", right? Ugh, what a weird name. "It's been so long..." She looked at the both of you, focusing more on your mother. "You... aren't you..?" She shook her head as your mother looked away, coming back to reality after a moment. "No... she wouldn't dare come back." She glared at you, this time. "I heard you were going to leave using that little train code... but I have a better idea." With a lurch of one of her hands, or legs, she snatched the train code paper from your mother, who gasped a little. You could see she really wanted to say something, but just shut up. "The game station is still working! Win all three of the games and I'll give you the train code! Not many people get to play down here, so whenever someone does, it'll be just like old times..." She paused, reminiscing over her memories. "It'll be fun..! Head to musical memory and I'll get things started!" She suddenly started pushing her head toward the both of you, her eyes going a little wide as her voice rose but not quite to a yell or a scream. "OBEY THE RULES, OR I WILL TEAR YOU APART, AND EAT YOUR INSIDES WHILE YOU'RE STILL ALIVE." She giggled, then rapidly ascended the walls up into the void in laughing like a lunatic. You and your mother looked at each other as the gate ahead squeaked open, one gaze filled with uncertainty and fear, and the other with confusion and distrust. 

(a/n : Thanks for reading so far into this. Next chapter I guess I'll like drop some lore or something for things like why mommy long legs is so fucking insane or why i didn't let you meet up with poppy and stuff. Once again sorry about the wait for this chapter, though I doubt anyone is hyped for this malarky. Also FirefishLake, bet you didn't expect me to make that Jeff Hardy bit conon, did you? Hah! I have nothing better to write there and it extends the chapter length! mawahaahah im so evil!!)