𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚: 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥𝙨

(Chapter One: First Steps)

The car came to a halt in front of the entrance to the factory. Well, more of in the parking lot. The parking lot was MASSIVE, and the same could be said about the factory. Y/N had seen the photos online, but never seen it in person. Even in her most drunken, out of mind state, Y/N's mother wouldn't talk much about it to him. Of course, the things he did hear from family members or from eavesdropping when she thought Y/N wasn't around. She ejected the keys and turned to Y/N. "Don't leave the car. I'll be back." She took a backpack she herself had packed before they departed home before getting out and going in through the double doors. The entry seemed almost like a letdown from what'd you'd expect- but it was a factory, not a mall or a theme park, so they had just painted what they could and left the rest of the outside as is. Y/N waited as long as he could. A few hours passed, or at least it felt that way, since there wasn't much to do. Y/N texted a few friends who didn't even get the message thanks to lack of signal. He also tried to play a few songs, but it ended with the same result on his screen. "NO SIGNAL." Y/N sighed before looking at the double doors his mother had entered about a hour ago. It wasn't just boredom getting to him, it was hunger and thirst too. They had grabbed breakfast at the gas station this morning on the way up, but Y/N was a growing teenager. A very hungry, growing teenager. As if on cue, Y/N's stomach growled, emphasizing that point. Despite his mother's words, Y/N got out of the car and entered the building. It was a humble introduction into such a large place, with what seemed like a gift shop on the right and a security room on the left, with a large desk in the middle. The security room had been opened, but the gift shop was left locked with a large chain wrapped around the door's push bars, tightening them until they wouldn't be able to move. Y/N tested that, trying to budge it open even a inch, to no avail. He turned his attention to the security room, which had a keypad door that had been opened. His mother must have not bothered to close it. There was a VCR player, but it seemed it was broken. Smashed to bits, it's electronic insides spewed across the floor in a gruesome display of violence. A few of the wires hanging off the rolling table the main punching bag was on, sparking to life then dying down just as fast. It was sad, seeing something that you know wouldn't survive try and hang on just a bit longer, and there was nothing anyone could do to save it. The sparks didn't stop, though.... maybe no matter your condition, you could carry on. Not thrive, but just merely survive.

On his way out, finding nothing useful in the security room, a shiny glimmer hiding under dust and trash in a corner of the hall back to the lobby caught Y/N's eye. He kicked aside a few wrappers and the dust bunnies before getting to the object. Which was a foil bag. It was the kind of foil they'd use for Poptarts, tough enough to toss around but weak enough to tear with ease. Y/N, being the curious person they are, tore it open. Their little gift was a gas mask, outfitted with the primary colors. Most likely to appeal to children, for the colored mask wasn't as scary as a normal, black mask. Colors make a big difference at times. Holding the nearly pristinely untouched mask in his hands, Y/N gained a sense of safety while holding it. Slowly, he slipped the mask on, stretching the bands to fit his head and make sure it stuck. Once that was done, Y/N noticed that there was a gate behind the desk. After hopping over a small gate of sorts, (the kind you'd use to enter a theme park or a subway,) Y/N got to the gate. The gate was open, just like the security room's doors. Y/N had a mild hunch that his mother had come through this way. (Not that there was any other way to really go, though.) At the end of a small hallway, there was what seemed to be a lobby with a large podium in the middle of the round room, most likely for a statue which was not present. There were some rather large toy blocks that, from looking at the stand from the front, spelt; "HUGGY WUGGY." That was one of the toys, if Y/N remembered right. One of Playtime Co's most successful toys, and most memorable to many. Casting a glance around the room, Y/N determined that his mother had left through a opened gate next to a door on it's left marked; "Power" and on the right: "Cafeteria." Maybe there was something available to eat there that wasn't rotten, but the chances were very slim.

Proceeding down the open hallway, Y/N had to make a change in direction thanks to some rubble blocking the rest of the way. It was a tight hall, with a few pipes screaming, some even have being broken and spewing steam. Y/N just crawled under them to not be hit. And soon, he was in what seemed to be a production line of sorts. His mother had certainly been here, no doubt. And she had also likely gone through the hole in the wall for the conveyor belt to send off the toys somewhere. Classic mom, not thinking plans out before she committed. For all Y/N knew, it sent the toys into a trash compactor. Thinking about it, had she really thought this through? This trip seemed to be born out of fear and desperation from what Y/N could tell, not just to go visit the place again. Oh well. It was worth trying to find her, since she hopefully could be rationed with to leave the place. While Y/N enjoyed seeing this place, he was rather unnerved. Something was not right, and it'd be best to turn around and leave. But, his mom was somewhere here, so it was worth it to find her. After getting through the conveyor belt ventilation shaft thing, it led to a much larger room. Wait- Was this...? Yes! It was! The "Make A Toy" room? Eh, something along those lines. And maybe I'd be a nice place to take a quick rest.
Maybe, that is.