Who am I?

Hello! I'm not sure if anyone will ever read this but I am enjoying writing this as my side hobby. I will continue to update every Saturday/Sunday. Also, I imagine Natsu to look like Captain Toshiro from Bleach but a bit different! 😄😊
-

I suddenly awoke to a weight on my stomach and found Kouta sleeping soundly on my lap. Memories of yesterday's events began flooding back. "Did that really happen?" I whispered to myself, raising my hand and clenching it into a fist before placing it gently on Kouta's body. I wondered if Kouta had also lost consciousness during the ordeal. I wonder if his mother is okay..

Recollections of three powerful warriors and Hana flashed through my mind. "Hana!" I thought anxiously. Glancing around, I realized I was back in her cozy home. The sliding doors and tatami mats reminded me of my grandma's old house, bringing a sense of comfort. For a brief moment, I yearned to stay there, to feel the warmth of home. Yet, even if I were to return home now, could I live knowing that these people were in danger? The thought weighed heavily on me.

For now, returning home wasn't an option, especially since I didn't know how to. I needed to focus on the present and take things one step at a time. Eventually, hopefully, I would find a path-way home. Carefully sliding out from under Kouta, I gently moved him to the side. As I stood up, I noticed a bandage wrapped around my knee. "Hana must have dressed the wound," I thought, grateful for her care.

As I slid open the door, I found Ryuu, Natsu, and Sora enjoying a meal that Hana had prepared for them. Their gazes shifted to me, and I felt a sudden wave of embarrassment under their curious eyes. Turning to Hana first, I said, "Thank you for the bandage, Hana. I really appreciate it."

She hurried over, checking my forehead for signs of a fever. "I'm glad you're feeling better. You slept through the night and into lunchtime. Yesterday must have been overwhelming for you. Please, take a seat, and I'll prepare something for you to eat."

I nodded and thanked her once more. Just then, Natsu asked, "Sachi, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, thank you," I replied with a smile. "I should thank all of you for yesterday. You protected me." Bowing to them Sora suddenly spoke, "I'm just grateful that you're okay."

Sora smiled and handed me a glass of water, which I gratefully accepted. Just as the conversation began to falter, Ryuu broke the awkward silence with a pressing question. "Sachi, where did you come from?" Watching my reaction carefully.

Maybe they suspect me as a spy? I pondered. I came to the village the night of an attack. Or maybe, they still believe me to be the missing princess.

The room fell silent, everyone eager to hear my response. I knew they suspected me of being her, but it seemed impossible if I truly hailed from the human world. Taking a deep breath, I began recounting my story from the beginning. I told them about how I had suddenly found myself in the yokai world after being in the human world just moments before I got a paper cut from a Manga. I explained how I had arrived in the village and had asked Hana for directions, hoping to find my way back home, only to realize that returning might not be possible.

"Where is the manga now?" Ryuu asked, curiosity evident in his tone. "Right here. I've been holding onto it just in case," I replied, pulling the book from my waist ribbon beneath my yukata and placing it on the table in front of us.

"I remember this book," Sora whispered eyes wide.
"Me too," Natsu agreed. "I knew it!" He cheered happily putting his fist up in the air. "As do I," Ryuu added, his voice heavy with emotion. Hana watched intently from the corner of the room.

"If you have this book, you must be her," Sora concluded. Confusion spread across my face. "What do you mean?"

"The queen from long ago used to read you this story in the garden when you were a baby," Ryuu explained. "We were tasked by the king to protect you and often listened to the story from afar. The manga tells the tale of a human girl befriending many yokai."

Miyako no Mori (Enter the Anime)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें