Chapter 24- 'i love you and it's killing me': the confession

Y/n's pov 

 I made a mistake. 

A huge mistake. 

I ran out of Mattheo's dorm. 

I panicked and ran out. 

I shouldn't have, I know. 

I don't know if I believe him. 

I've been sitting on the cold floor of the Astronomy Tower for the past hour, staring at the photo.

I can't bring myself to believe that it's me he's kissing.

It doesn't look like me.

Suddenly, I get a new message.

Unknown

*Attachment 1 image* 

---

Fuck. 

It's another photo of Mattheo kissing someone. 

This time it isn't me.

I don't recognise the girl though.

I haven't seen her around.

Who's even sending me these photos? 

I groan as tears trickle down my face.

I can't control them.

Mattheo's already kissing some girl as I try to move on from him.

What a jerk. 

After what feels like hours, I hear footsteps which causes me to stop crying. 

I wipe my tears as a body rises from the shadows. 

Mattheo.

I get up and walk to the railing and hear Mattheo following me.

A few moments later, I blurt out,

"Is this how it's going to be? We fuckin' make out but continue to ignore each other, pretending to hate each other, acting like the feeling isn't there. Like we aren't in love with each other. Like we really believe the edited photos."

I see his eyes widen, but he stays silent.

"Mattheo? Are you still going to ignore me?"

I roll my eyes, close to crying as his hand grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"If you're not going to say anything, I'm going to leave!" I yell

"Fine, do you want me to be fucking honest Y/n?" he matches my tone.

"Yes, Mattheo!"

"I've tried, I've really tried to convince myself over and over and over again that I'm not in love with you but I fucking am and it's killing me!

I have to live with the gnawing fear that the woman of my dreams, the one I've poured my heart into, the woman that I love might not love me back! Might not feel the same. 

I fear that I'll push the boundaries too far, cross a line by just an inch, one day and you'll leave me. I'll lose you forever. It's like a knife is constantly twisting in my gut. 

And the days you don't talk to me, when you're distant, those are the worst days. It's like the world is slowly crumbling around me day by day. When you look at me, it feels like my heart's about to fucking explode! 

My- My heart and stomach do this thing when you're around me," He shakes his hand and his voice breaks.

He looks at me with his infamous puppy eyes, but this time they have tears slipping out of them.

My chest clenches as he trembles. 

"Flutter?" I whisper, tears streaming down both our faces.

"Yes!" He points at me. "That! That, that muggle thing." he scoffs and I smile, tilting my head.

He comes up to me and cups my face.

"Y/n, I love you and it's ruining my fucking life. My heart, gosh, my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest, and my stomach twists itself into knots whenever you're near. I'm fucking in love with you and it's killing me. And I'm too much of a chicken to ask you out because if you say no," he pauses and I look at him with hopeful eyes, trying to get him to look back at me, look into my eyes. 

"I won't be able to live with myself." 

I stare at him, unable to talk. It's like the words have been taken from my mouth, my power to speak has been stolen like Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

I swear for a split second, the world pauses around me. My breathing speeds up as I grab his face with both my hands and I kiss him.

The love of my life.

The man of my dreams

Mattheo Thomas Fucking Riddle.

My Mattheo.

All mine. 

Am I falling in love?

Yes. 

With him.

Mattheo Riddle. 

A/n:

AHHHHH I FINISHED THE BOOK OMGGGGGGGGGGGG. 

How did you guys like the ending? How did I write it? Be honest. 

Also, I really reccomend reading 'All Too Well Ten Minute Version Taylor's Version From The Vault' or 'ATWTMVTVFTV' for the best experience.

PS: Who do you think is 'Unknown'??