Chapter 16- 'will you be my girlfriend?'

Daphne, Pansy and I are getting ready for the party tonight.

Daphne is wearing a beautiful light pink dress with a corset.

Pansy is wearing a navy blue dress that has a slit on the side, revealing the side of her underwear.

I am wearing a maroon-burgandyish dress. 

"Can I borrow your leather jacket?" I ask Pansy while I put on my earrings.

She is fixing her hair, next to Daphne who is putting on lipgloss in front of the mirror. 

"No!" She yells.

"Jeez calm down," I say, leaving my earing hanging in my ear without a back as I hold my hands up in surrender.

Daphne's eyes widen as Pansy gets up.

"No, I mean no because if Cedric brings a jacket to the party, he can give you his jacket." Pansy chuckles.

"Pansy, it's freezing cold tonight. She's not going to survive." Daphne says.

"Yeah, and I don't want Cedric to be cold because of me." I smile.

"I'm not letting you wear a jacket, no matter how cold. This is a chance for you to see how much Cedric likes you and maybe even ask you out."

I roll my eyes and blush.

"Let's go to the party," Daphne says, smiling while interlocking our arms with hers.

---

"Hi beautiful," I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Hi Cedric,"  I giggle before turning around.

"How'd you know it was me?" He smirks.

"Your voice is familiar." I smile and shrug.

"I'm honoured." he takes my hand before kissing it.

I smile and blush.

A strong wave of wind hits me, making me shiver. 

"Do you want my jacket?" Cedric asks, taking off his jacket.

"No, no, it's okay. I-"  I get cut off by Cedric putting his jacket on me.

"Better?"

"Much better." I smile.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Theodore yells at the top of his lungs. 

"Shall we?" Cedric asks.

"We shall." I giggle.

Cedric sits next to me while Pansy sits on the other side.

She smiles and whispers, "I told you so," in my ear referring to Cedric's jacket.

I roll my eyes and smile.

"You sure you're not cold?" I ask Cedric.

"I'm perfectly fine." He smiles and I kiss his cheek making him blush.

I scan the room as I wait. 

A few seats away from Cedric and I, Mattheo sits on a singular couch, Astoria sitting on his lap. 

She moves around to talk to her friends and I see Mattheo's jaw clench. 

He looks at her in disgust. I giggle in my head.

Daphne is sitting on top of Enzo's lap and we make eye contact. I wiggle my eyebrows and she blushes.

I see a random girl sit on Draco's lap and Theodore's arm wrapped behind a pretty blonde girl.