Chapter 4

Fang's pov

Lunch time came by quickly. I sat next to my friends. Colt had invited Collette and Edgar over. I didn't think much of it, since we all know them.

We talked a lot and when lunch ended, we got some more classes and then departed to go home.

"hey hun, how was your day?" my mother asked all curious.

"it was nice! I had fun but..."

"what's bothering you?" she tapped on the couch and she also sat down.

"I -" I lay my head on her shoulder "I think I like someone" I put 1 and 1 together finally. Since impressing someone isn't much of my consern. I won't care if I was not compatible with somebody. But I always had the need to do just the opposite around Edgar.

"then why are you sad?" she leaned her head on top of mine.

"Beacuse I don't think we could ever have a chance together. He is like my opposite."

She held my hand "oh hun! Don't worry everything will be alright? Let me make you a cup of tea, alright?" she went to the kitchen and I lay down with her watching movies.

The night came and I had a lot of matches. I had warned my mother about me being late to be back tonight, since a lot of work occurred. She was mostly alright with that, but I saw warn in her eyes. I sometimes belive she already knows what I am doing, but she keeps quiet.

I went to the warehouse where my matches took place and then I saw Colt. "Just in time! How are you?"

"I'm better than ever" I paused "let's beat their asses"

He smiled "that's the energy" and patted my shoulder. So I started the fights, getting in the ring and won every single one of them.

It was my last fight of the night and I didn't feel tired. I drank a lot of water as usual and was ready, when I saw Colette getting near Colt and Maisie, while greeting them.

I was taken aback. What is she doing here? And if she is here is there a possibility he...

My answer came quicker than I would expect it to. There he was, wearing less clothes than he usually would. And damn he looked good.

I looked back at Colt, who winked at me, letting me know he was the one I would be fighting. My eyes wide open "WHAT?" everyone stopped to look at me. "sorry" I scratched my nape and shook my hand, as to not mind me.

Colt came over at me "What's wrong?"

"You know I can't be matched with him" I whispered

He raised a brow "and why is that?"

"Because... I know him and we are close I guess"

"it's just one match, that's all. He only wants to find out how good he is at fighting"

I took a deep breathe. "just one time. Alright! I got this" I said ironically

"think of him as a stranger" well fouls on you I can't. I think I like him!

I rolled my eyes "I will try. It's your fault"

"whatever!" he said as I saw him go back to Maisie and Colette.

I looked back. There he was standing in the ring with me. I didn't want to hurt him, so I thought I would use my hands instead, since they are not trained enough.

He was really good actually, I had to fight with my feet as well. I dodged his fist with my leg. When I put it down I didn't put my hands on my face to cover it, out of habit of not using them often.

But still he was the first to find out he could knock me out. That's exactly what he did and I was now on the floor.