Chapter 12

Skylar was gliding through the closely grown trees. In the dead of the night, what she could only see was a long shadow falling behind her. The moon was glowing bright, up in the sky. She glanced towards it. Even though the moon light was bright, it was only able to illuminate her to cast a shadow. She turned behind and robbed her eyes through it. She assumed that in the middle of the dead night, she was the only sane person heading into the forest.

Skylar gulped down the fear that rose up through her mouth. She was hearing the soft rustling of the trees, as it rubbed on each other in the gently blowing wind. It was not deadly, but Skylar felt as though the wind was trying to mumble some secrets to her ears, and only to her ears. She squinted her eyes, and turned towards her left. She felt the wind cause turbulence beside her. For her, it felt as though the wind was fighting with itself, and to make matters easier, Skylar cleared her throat loudly.

The swishing sound of the wind stopped at once. Skylar could feel the turbulence break out, and as the pressure reduced beside her, she felt it reduce more and more.

What was happening?

At once, Skylar felt the air leave beside her. She felt as though there had been a vacuum. She rubbed her forehead, thinking what was happening beside her. She turned to her left, staying where she was standing, and suddenly she felt as though she was literally 'caught in the wind'.

Skylar felt herself being pulled into the vacuum. Voice left her throat as she screamed loudly. But she knew that the voice was just inside her head, and that there was nobody else with her, who would be able to save her from going inside the vacuum.

Without being able to think much, the process ended quickly, and Skylar suddenly fell onto a cement floor. She looked up as she rubbed her scraped knee. The ceiling looked intact. She squinted her eyebrows. Hadn't she just fallen out of the ceiling?

Skylar stood up slowly and tried to take in the details of the room. It was quite confusing to her. The room had five walls. And she did not know who the interior designer was, but the idea of the person who had decorated the room tasted horrible for her. There were large life size images of some horrible creatures. She was able to recognize two or three of them nearly passable as human, but she wondered whether they were entirely human, or had something else possessed them. Whether they had been possessed or not, the pictures reeked of blood. She was able to see large blotches of blood cover half of the images and for a moment, Skylar wondered who had drawn the images. She took a step forward so as to inspect the pictures more closely, but she thought against it and stopped at once as her footsteps echoed loudly in the deserted room. Skylar turned behind her and craned her neck. There were five images in total, and each of them were in each of the walls. She did not know what to make of the images. They were starting to haunt her.

Suddenly Skylar turned around her, checking for any intruders when a loud music played around her. She found no one, and the room was as empty as before. She scratched her eyes from where the music was issuing and she could not concentrate more as she felt the music end as suddenly as it had started. But, to her horror, it started to play again. She was not an expert in music, but she could understand that it was the same notes. So, she tried to push the more troubling matter behind her and she listened to it. She could not say that the playing music was something that was beautiful to her ears, but she listened intently, trying to make something out of it. After the music had stopped playing, she expected it to play again. But it did not. She shook her head to the sides, disappointed. She was sure that if she heard it again, she would never remember it.

Skylar looked up above the ceiling and as suddenly as everything that had happened around her, she was pulled up on her feet. She looked afraid below her as she went up and up, leaving the rough patch of cement below her. She looked up and shut her eyes tightly as she saw the ceiling come closer and closer to her, and she waited for the contact which would crack open her head. But as she had expected, the contact never happened, and she was taken up through the ceiling, and as she was shutting her eyes, she did not even feel anything as she passed the ceiling. She did not even know whether she was going through the air, or whether she was going through the ceiling.