CHAPTER 11-SLEEP

While Yukio remained optimistic, Haruto had thoughts of a pessimist. He was worrying about the worst case scenarios, and didn't even consider the possibility of Mamoru and Taiyo making it back alive. Haruto plopped down on the couch, trying to get some rest. Unfortunately, the thoughts continued on in his head, it felt impossible to get any sleep.

"Hey, Yukio. You up?" Haruto turned over only to see Yukio passed out on the couch, lightly snoring. "I guess not." He sighed, getting into a more comfortable position. He twisted and turned, and then he just gave up getting into a good sleeping position. Haruto closed his eyes, hoping to fall asleep. Just when it seemed he would finally fall asleep, there was a loud thud outside the house. Yukio shrieked, falling off the couch.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Yukio said as he was trying to regain his balance.

"Come on, let's go check." Haruto perked up, not considering the possibility of extreme danger. As he reached for the doorknob, Yukio gripped Haruto's wrist.

"No, let's just look at the security cameras. We can't take risks like that." Yukio moved Haruto's arm away from the doorknob, leading Haruto to the room with camera footage. As bad quality as the cameras were, they were still able to see what was happening.

"What is that..?" Yukio leaned closer, noticing somebody getting impaled by a sword, but nobody was holding it.

"..hide." Haruto pulled Yukio under the table once he got a glimpse of the footage, away from the cameras and out of plain sight.

"Why? What's wrong?" Yukio whispered.

"It could sense us, I felt its presence.." Haruto answered. Suddenly, the atmosphere became very cold, it was strange. Stomping, that's all that Haruto and Yukio heard aside from the beating of their hearts. The noises came to a stop, but the TV could be heard from the terrible glitching.

"When are Taiyo and Mamoru coming back.. we need help, urgently." Yukio muttered, holding Taiyo's ID card. That is until Yukio noticed the words that were written next to 'status'. "Hopefully they do come back, I don't know if we'd be able to survive without them." Haruto said, he was clearly beginning to gain hope, considering the situation they were in. Hope was the only thing that kept Haruto and Yukio moving, but having too much hope is even more painful when it's lost rather than having none to start with.

"Bushida." Yukio nudged Haruto's shoulder. He became bewildered as he saw the words next to status on Taiyo's ID card.

"Dead? Since when? This has to be fake. There's no way!" Haruto snatched the ID, examining it.

"Come on, we're going to find Taiyo and Mamoru." Haruto came out from under the table, marching to the door.

"WAIT! WE CAN'T!" Yukio rushed to the door, blocking Haruto's path.

"Move, Yukio. If we're going to survive this place, we NEED them!" Haruto shoved Yukio out the way, opening the door. When he opened the door, he looked up to see a tall man with a mask and cloak.

"T-Taiyo..?" Haruto stepped back, weary of the man.

"How did you escape?" The voice was deep and slightly raspy, before Haruto could answer, he fell down with a gun pointed towards his head.

"Answer me truthfully if you want to keep your life." Yukio attempted to interfere, but he failed as ice crept up his legs, holding him in place. But the ice wasn't normal, it was dark, like something corrupted it.

"E-escape what..?" Haruto stuttered.

"The mirror realm." The gun pressed harder onto Haruto's head, increasing his heart rate.