ch. 21

M̵̰̬̫͍̮̗̰̦̜̮͕̄̇̅̃́͑̔́̎̿ͅé̴̡̛͚͉͖͍̤̙̼͓̅̏͛̀̓͜͝e̸͉̲̝̠̹͓͐̋̄̽͋̑̈́̆̽͠͝͝͠t̴̞͕̪̪͛̓́̊̇͌̏̅̕͝í̸̺̱̝͔̤̤̗̠͉̱̺͜ṉ̸̟̻̟̱͋͑́͠g̸̢̢̧̧̻̰͖̞̩͔̪̰̱͂̅̓̈͜ ̸͇̉̀̓͐͗̉͊C̸̬̯̋͗̏̑̓a̴̞͇̠̝͛̇m̴̼̜̟̭̯̝̈̔̔̀̅̎͆́̕i̴̪̼͇̪̩̓̿̆̉͋̒̾͆̓͌͑͝ͅl̵̢̥̘͎͚̠̺͔̳͎͊̽͜ͅo̴͙̼̝̣̻̻̲̘̻̒̀.̸̢͕̭̙̦͉̯͉̫͈̲̟̈́̏̀͜

Y̵̧̯̪̝̩̪͖͔̲̱̫̾͗̾ē̵̢͎̙̗̹͙̹̼̟̤̗͉̾͗̋̈͐̓́̆̓̕͠͝s̴̡̨͍̲͇͕͖̗̱̮̖̭̀͐͑͆̆̂̋͂̊̕

p̷̧͈̖̥̳̼̥͍͔̘̗̳̳̺̀t̶̥̯͉̜̘̺̏̉̀͗̆ͅ.̸̢̬͇͚̤̱̟̮̗̀̾͌͆͛ ̷̢̣̬̭̘̟̍͌̓̾͛̔͛1̶̧̪̖͚͉̘͗͌̌̈́̉̔́̊̏͝ͅ ̷̡̰̪̤̟̬̳̽̏̀̉̌͌͂̈́̀̂̒̕̕͘ŏ̸͈̑͛̈́̈́̓̈́̿̈́̑̾f̸̛̼͔̤̭̄̓̿̌͊̿͛̊͑̓ ̷̯̦̼́̒̋̈͌̇̏̐̇̆̈́̚͘͝͝2̶̡̗̟̫͓̳̱͔̦͔̹̗͌̔̋̿͌̃̐̾̿̉͛̚̚͘͜͝

𝓨/𝓝'𝓼 𝓟.𝓞.𝓥.
~~~

"He wants to meet up? How does he know about the party? Was he invited too? Does he think I'll still talk to him after what he tried to do to me?"

All these questions ran through my head as I read over the note. I looked on the back, hoping for more clarification, but nothing was there. I put the note on my desk and sat back down on the edge of my bed, trying to think.

"I'd be a goner if I just decided to see him so easily. This guy is crazy, not gonna lie." I sigh to myself, rubbing my forehead as I ponder.

"The way he acts gives off stalker vibes. I wonder what even made him act this way in the first place! Still, he may act all nice all the time with kids and family, I need to be cautious."

"I know! What if I bring someone with me? Oh— I'll bring BSF/N with me! That way he can't try anything. At least, with her around. I mean, I really hope he doesn't."

I talk to myself, as I sit up from the bed. I gather the cleaning supplies together, walking downstairs to put them away. I walk past my mom as she continues to sweep the kitchen.

"So, Míja, tell me what you did while we were gone. Since you didn't stay with the Madrigals."

Mom asks softly, finishing up. I bend down to put the cleaning supplies under the sink, as I reply,

"Uhm... well, I hung out with BSF/N a lot. And, I visited the Madrigals sometimes, just to see how they were doing. Went out to the village and saw some people. Nothing really happened. Well— other than that one thing. But I promise that I stayed safe, and most of the time I stayed at home. Sometimes cleaned the house..."

I sigh and stand back up. Mom nods as she puts the broom away

"That's nice. Although, you lied about the whole, 'cleaned the house', thing, because my house is NOT clean."
Mom rolls her eyes and walks to the couch, fluffing up the pillows. I chuckle under my breath, and turn to walk up the stairs, before heading Mom speak.

"I wasn't kidding. What's so funny to you?"
I freeze, and slowly turn to her,

"Uh— you're right- it's not funny at all. I don't even know what I was laughing at."
I speak quickly, as Mom hums in reply.

"Nice save before I tried beating your ass. Now, did you clean your room, like I asked?" Mom asks, as she looks up from the pillows. I nod, and get ready to go up the stairs.