Chapter 8: Ready or Not..

Camilo is still laying on my bed in my room. I'm very nervous for what's about to happen next. My mama calls our names and I dash downstairs.

 She's standing there with Pepa, Felix, and Abuela Alma. They all have that 'We Have Good News!' face. Uh oh-

My mama speaks up first. "We have good news!" In my head I knew she was gonna say that. "We've prepared an engagement for the both of you!" Pepa says. "We shouldn't rush things I know, but we've prepared a wedding date.

 It will be the day Y/n becomes 18!" Abuela speaks.

At least that gives me 3 years. Me and Camilo would be forced to date though. Kinda good sign or a bad one? can't tell.

I don't like to be forced to do stuff that's not how I roll, but my opinion doesn't matter now. It's all up to the adults. I have one idea that may work. My papa is super overprotective.

He doesn't want his baby to get married so quickly! My dad could get this idea to explode or something.

He's at the grocery store right now, so I'll have to wait. Camilo looks at me then gives a sinister smirk. He's planing something. 'SOMETHING EVIL' 

(I'm sorry- just pretend that never happened)*ANYWAYS*

 I would have to make a run for it. Camilo runs fast though. How? 1. He's a boy. 2. He can shapeshift into faster people.

I would have to make this one count.

I'm not ready for this. I'll make up some excuse. OH, I got it. I'll whisper to Dolores to help me get out of here and away from Camilo.

She would definitely understand. Well, It is marriage we're talking about. That explains more than enough. Here we go.

I get ready to proceed in my plan but then, "Me and Y/n are going upstairs to talk if you don't mind." Camilo speaks aloud. GR, CAMILO EVERY TIME. I think to myself.

 Although I wouldn't mind saying it out loud so he can hear. But to think if he had mind reading powers, I'd be doomed. The parents nod and Camilo grabs my wrist and pulls me upstairs.

When we get into my room he throws me on the bed and locks the door. He sits down next to me wanting to talk. He turns his head and says, "Amor, Can you believe it?? We're getting married in 3 years!" He screams in excitement.

 Boys do scream like girls.

 "Camilo I'm not so sure about this." I put on a serious face tuning towards him. "What do you mean honey? We love each other and that's all I could ever ask."

 He kisses me on my check as he finishes his sentence.

"Camilo are you hearing yourself? We're only 15! And we're supposed to get married in 2 years?! We'll only be 18 by that time. That's still super short. It takes about 4 or longer to get married."

His smile turns into a frown. "Bebe, This is fate. They want us together. We can't stop now."