Fact #31

There are lost Brawl Characters

One source states, "As the Smash Bros. series grew in popularity, the pressure to release the games on time became stronger. A new Smash Bros. game will not only be a big seller, it will also increase sales for the console that it's on. Even a particularly exciting new character can increase sales, as was the case when Cloud was announced for Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U. With the deadline always looming in the distance, it is only natural that things get cut from a game that is still in development. When it comes to a Smash Bros. game, this usually means that a character will have to be cut. This was certainly the case with Brawl, as fans have discovered data pertaining to several characters that were planned for the game, but never made it in.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl about characters from previous games that were slated to return, as well as brand new characters that have yet to see the light of day. These include Roy, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo (who had previously appeared in Melee), Toon versions of Princess Zelda & Sheik, Dixie Kong and Plusle & Minun from Pokémon. It is speculated that these last two characters may have been a clone version of the Ice Climbers, as they are usually portrayed as being together"(Baird).