Jitters

Chloe pov

For some reason don't feel like myself anymore, normally I sleep over 8 hours, I didn't even close one eye today. That's not good with opening night right around the corner. Luckily we still have 2 days for it.

Today is a saturday and we have to go to rehearsal to finish the sets, and so I can let them hear my brand new selfwritten song.

<><><><><>

"Hello people, today is a special day. Not only will we finish the set, but yall will hear a brand new song for the show" Miss Jenn announced. "Please Chloe come forward and show them your power ballad" she instructed.

I sat at the piano and started playing the chords just like yesterday.

I used to float, now I just fall down
I used to know but I'm not sure now
What I was made for
What was I made for?Takin' a drive, I was an ideal
Looked so alive, turns out I'm not real
Just something you paid for
What was I made for?'Cause I, I
I don't know how to feel
But I wanna try
I don't know how to feel
But someday, I might
Someday, I mightWhen did it end? All the enjoyment
I'm sad again, don't tell my boyfriend
It's not what he's made for
What was I made for?'Cause I, 'cause I
I don't know how to feel
But I wanna try
I don't know how to feel
But someday I might
Someday I might, Think I forgot how to be happy
Something I'm not, but something I can be
Something I wait for
Something I'm made for

For some reason it sounded way more emotional then that it was yesterday. Maybe because of the stress, maybe because of my lack of sleep.

I looked around, only to see the whole cast tearing up.

"Hey Chlo, you totally slayed that" Ricky complimented me. "Shouldn't you be sucking faces with Nini?" I scoffed at him.

"What did you say Chloe" he couldn't believe what I said.

Damn he didn't use my nickname, I messed up big time.

Ricky pov

Why would she be pissed about what happened yesterday? It's not like we're together or something?

And we feel nothing for each other.

Do we?

I guess I kind of miss her by my side.

Am I possibly catching feelings? No it can't be, I kissed Nini yesterday. But am I?

I think I kind of did.

I messed up.
<><><><><><>
"Big Red, promise you won't laugh" I warned him

"I have no control over when I laugh" he said. I chuckled and said "Just listen".

I started playing on my guitar and sang "I fell in love with the only girl who knows what I'm about."

"Wait is this about Chlo?" Big Red asked me, "I guess so" I responded.

"What do you mean you guess so" Big Red was confused.

"Well me and Nini kissed at the tech rehearsal and Chloe was not all-too-happy about it" I explained.

"Well no shit, she loves you, you kinda broke her heart" Big Red made clear.

"She does?" I asked.

<><><><><><>
Chloe pov

Today was the day, D-day, opening night. My fear of failure can't possibly do this, I only played my ballad for an audience twice.

I had some opening night jitters, so I went to school early. It'll hopefully calm me down a little. 

"Oh Chloe, why are you so early?" Miss Jenn appeared out of nowhere.

I shrugged and she knew exactly what was going on "opening night jitters?" She questioned.

"How-" and before I could even finish, "Like I said during tech rehearsal, I'm a drama teacher."

"Uh Miss Jenn, I dunno if I can do the ballad it's just that-" I explained, "Choe stop, everytime you did it you were wonderful" she comforted me.

"It's just I only played it 2 times and my fear of failure will come in the way" I explained further.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to startle you." Both me and Miss Jenn moved our heads to the door to see Ricky.

"Oh Ricky, you're early" she said. "I know, I just didn't know what to do with myself all afternoon" he responded.

"Let me guess, opening night jitters?" Miss Jenn said exactly same as she did for me.

"How-" he started, "She's a drama teacher" I said.

"Maybe Ricky, you and Chloe maybe could go backstage to rehearse some parts" Miss Jenn suggested.

I looked at her in a way that said "Girl are you serious?"

"Uh sure I guess" Ricky responded. On the look on Miss Jenn's face, I knew what she was doing.

Bringing us back together.

<><><><><><>

I sat backstage at the piano and he sat on a chair with his guitar.

"You know the song you wrote for the musical, it's literally genius" Ricky broke the akward silence in between us.

"Thanks" I replied dryly.

"Well Chlo, I kind of struggle with a part from the curtain call" Ricky broke the silence once again.

"Well it's not that hard, you plié 2 times, tick  Clap, tick, switch, switch, shoulder forward, shine and repeat" I noted while repeating the dance.

<><><><><><><><>
30 minutes before the curtains open. 30 times more stress. 30 times more discipline.

"Okay everyone, gather around me" Miss Jenn called.

"Most of you know that our dazzling Taylor had to leave under family circumstances" she began.

"Gina sends her love and support to all of you, but she won't be able to make it for tonight's performance. That's why I aksed Kourtney to fill in her stead"

Everyone cheered loud for Kourtney and seemed so happy.

"So for now what I would like to do is, please think of a word or phrase from the show that expresses where your head is, or your goals for tonight"

"You're my guys and this is our team" Big Red began.

"What if you want to try something really new and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you" Ricky spoke, I feel bad for him, as a person who has fear of failure herself.

"Oh, uhm, Do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you just looking for a way to come out" was followed by Nini.

"Do the romp, and strut your stuff" Carlos laughed.

"Everything's got to be perfect, for me" I spoke.

"I'm proud to call you my sister" EJ said to Ashlyn, "Aw, close enough. My nail beds are history"

"Sharpay is kinda cute too" Seb said.

"No matter what happens tonight, we're all in this together" Miss Jenn said, "Okay, Wildcats, take a moment to settle your nerves. If we had a curtain it would be up in 20 minutes."

"Group hug!" I yelled and we were in a big circle screaming "Go drama club".