Talking about courage

Chloe pov

When I was just about to watch a movie I got a message that somebody left me a voice mail. I checked it and it was Nini. Weird, we never call each other.

'Hey Chloe, I kinda wrote a song and I know you have like a lyrical and musical mind. Please tell me what you think of it' Nini said. After she said that there was a piano playing some calming notes.

'I found a guy, told me I was a star
He held the door held my hand in the dark
And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face
Does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved?And there's one more boy, he's from my past
We fell in love but it didn't last
'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away
And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway
And I say that I'm through but this song's still for youAll I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask?
Is it something wrong with me?
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high?
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day

But shouldn't that be enough for me?' she sang

'What's wrong mom?' she asked out of the blue, when the piano stopped playing.

'Well that was it bye' she ended the voicemail.

Just when I was about to put the movie on, I heard the doorbell ring. I wasn't expecting someone, I walked towards the door and realise it was locked.

'Oh my god Ricky' I said while I was in shock, I've never seen him cry before. It didn't take long for him to hug me.

'Uhm, we should go inside, it's cold outside' I chuckeled. In response he nodded and followed me.

We both sat on the couch and he said 'I'm scared Chloe, I'm really scared this time'. I hugged him closely 'It feels different already' he continued. At this point I was also about to cry, I guess it's some kind of empathy I feel.

'It's really hard to talk about it, you know. I mean not with you, but with anyone else. It's like' he took a deep breath.

'You know what I said, you can always talk to me, no matter what' I responded still hugging him.

'Ricky' I said and he looked up, 'wanna watch a movie' he nodded. I put on a movie and started watching it. I mean what else?

'What do you mean you don't like Disney movies' I asked Ricky shocked. 'You know its just-' he tried to explain. 'You can't explain you out of that one boy' I interrupted him.

After a long time of arguing we both decided to just watch the movie. After all it didn't take long for both of us to fall asleep. Conclusion, agrued for 20 minutes, 3 minutes watching the movie, 8 hours of sleep. Quite great, no?

<><><><><><><><><>

The light out of the window woke me up. Noticing that Ricky's arms were around me.

'Ricky time to wake up' I woke him up gently. He awakened and put his hands in front of his eyes, understandable.

'How late is it' he asked. '7.20 a.m.' I responded.

'Ok' he went back to sleep and I threw a pillow on him. Luckily he didn't go back to sleep this time.

<><><><><><>

Ricky pov

Chloe and I made our way to school. We parted as she saw Nini and some other friends of her. I went to look for Big Red.

'Hey Ricky' Big Red saw me and I said 'hey' back. 'Do you have someone for the homecoming?' he asked and I shook my head. 'Neither do I' Big Red high-fived me.

'You know what I found out yesterday' Big Red asked. 'Of course I don't, otherwise you wouldnt tell me right' I said, using my mind for once.

'So, Chloe doesn't have a date for the homecoming. And you neither so...' Big Red said dragging the so. 'Neither do you' I said, 'the last thing I'm gonna do is asking the girl I like to homecoming the day before homecoming'. 

'So you admit it' Big Red asked. 'Admit what' I was mentally absent. 'That you like Chloe ofcourse' Big Red said excited.

'Wait do you also hear the bell, because I do, bye see you at lunch' I said almost running to the class, which didn't even start in like 5 minutes.

RICKY TO CAMERA

'There ain't no way I exposed myself like that right? He must've made an assumtion.'

I was sitting in class and after a couple minutes some people barged in. Including Chloe, she sat down next to me.

I can't possibly handle this, not after the conversation with Big Red and after last night.

'So, what are you doing tommorow' she asked me. 'I'm probably going to the homecoming, without a date' I sighed. 'Well I don't have a date too' she smiled.

'Do you maybe, like, want to go together' I mumbled. 'Wait what did you say, I didn't hear you' she chuckeled. 'You heard me damn well' I responded

'I'm sorry dear, you need to stop being nervous in these situations, ofcourse I would love to got with you' Chloe smiled, I smiled back.

We didn't have much time to talk anymore since the teacher came in.

<><><><><><><><><><>

I walked to Big Red's and mine lunch table. Not that our names are written on it, but we always sit here.

'Uh Ricky' Big Red said, nervous about something. I began to mentally prepare myself, he sounded like he had some bad news to tell.

'Ashlyn kinda asked me out for the homecoming, and I said yes' he continued. 'Oh that's so good, I'm proud buddy' I responded being happy for him. Now I have to tell him that I also have a date but let's not ruin his moment.

'Wait, you're fine with this' he asked. 'Ofcourse I am, I know how hard it is for you to say yes to things like this. You usually run to the restroom and puke' I laughed.

'Are you 100% fine with this' Big Red asked. 'Why wouldn't I be, after all I also found the courage to ask Chloe' I said proudly.

'No way, didn't you tell me like 3 hours ago that you weren't gonna do that' Big Red was shocked.

'Well change of plans I guess' I chuckeled.