The audition

Chloe pov

After a solid 3 minutes, I arrived at the auditorium. I sticked my number '3' on me and stretched quickly before we started with the dance part.

I've been dancing since I was 6, I never did multiple styles at once, buy I did try a couple. I did clip dance, modern, hiphop, showdance and now contemporary. Which I hope that it will help me.

<><><><><><><>
'Ok that was it for the warm-up' Carlos cried.

'That was the warm-up?' Nini questioned shocked.

'Everyone pair up, not with someone you know. Theater is a community' Miss Jenn said.

I walked up to some random person and paired up with them. It was a girl with short blond hair and blue eyes. Perfect model figure. Picture perfect.

<><><><><><><>
Now it was me and my partners turn. Miss Jenn made us do improv. I quote 'acting is reacting'. Yet we're doing like a dance off.

Miss Jenn put on a remix and said start, first it was the blondies turn and she was doing some kind of girls hiphop.

'Switch' Carlos yelled. And at the exact same moment the music changed.

Wings from Birdy started to play, absolutely perfect. I started to improvise to the song, I could tell they were impressed.

This went on and on with every single duo till everyone danced.

We switched to the acting part.

Miss Jenn passed Ashlyn and she said 'You're giving me an uncommon depth, Ms Darbus?'

'I'm dying, I'm deceased, Yes' Ashlyn responded.

She passed multiple people and Carlos gave them the papers they needed.

'And how about we have you read for Kelsi' Miss Jenn questioned when you passed Nini, Nini looked up to EJ and he gave her the eye. 'Gabriella, I wanna audition for Gabriella' she said confidently, yet insecure.

Thank God she wanted to audition for Gabriella, if she auditioned for Kelsi there's no way I'm getting a role then. Imagine auditioning and being an extra. Ok the show can't go on without the extra's but you get what I mean.

The next person on Miss Jenn's way was Seb. 'You're auditioning for Ryan right' she asked.

'I think he'd rather play Sharpay' I interrupted her, Seb smiled and Miss Jenn said 'I love that, that is so fresh'. Miss Jenn looked at me and smiled.

'I think we've met before' she spoke, 'We sure did' I responded while picking my nails.

'Carlos, give her the Kelsi part' Miss Jenn demanded. When I took the papers me and Seb squealed and did our handshake. 'Thanks' Seb whispered, 'why?' I asked.

'If it weren't for you, I would've never tried out for Sharpay' he said. 'Sometimes you gotta believe in yourself Sebbie' I comforted him, 'Like you believe in yourself' he joked and I chuckled.

We were sitting and waiting till it's our turn and watching the others. But then I realised that I didn't practise my singing. I knew that not everything would go as planned, but did I seriously forget one of the most important parts? At this point I was totally freaking, hopefully no one saw that.

How can I forget this! This is way too embarrasing, there's no way I know the lyrics in like 3 auditions. Don't get me wrong I know High school musical from begin to end and end to begin. But when anxiety takes over, that's the end.