Chapter One

Stiles

I laid there, unable to move or speak. All I could see was darkness. All I could feel was fear. I had no idea what was happening to me, where I was, or what drugs they injected into me.  The substances, whatever was coursing through my body, burned my insides. My eyes were watering from the pain. 

It was silent. Either that, or I had lost my hearing. I hoped it was the first option, because I needed to figure out what was going on. If I couldn't hear, I wouldn't be able to do that. 

Suddenly, a hard and cold object struck the side of my face. I groaned in pain, trying to reach the aching spot. No matter how much I struggled, my hands were tied down. My feet were tied down as well and a strap was covering my forehead. I was stuck there on the cold surface. The drugs in my system were still pumping through my veins, still burning like hell. I wanted to scream, let out my fear and anger, but I couldn't.

"Don't fight," the raspy voice said in my ear, the hands of my kidnapper gently touching my temples. "Time to find out what you know." I winced as the fingers dug into my skull, twisting and twisting until my entire body went numb. Blood trickled down the sides of my face onto the metallic table. My ability to think was slowly fading, but the man's voice was still loud and clear. I focused on it, trying to keep myself from going under. There was no telling what he would do to me then.

"It's almost over," the voice, now identified as a male, promised. He pushed his fingers into my head even deeper, until I couldn't feel moving around in my skull any longer. Another scream was building up inside of me, but I couldn't let it out. It was as if my mouth was wired shut. Every attempt at opening it sent searing pain throughout my limbs, piercing through the numbness.  

Finally, the man gradually pulled his fingers out of my head. I heard him rummaging around and then felt pieces of cloth being put over the holes he caused. The next thing I knew, there was something pointy being pressed against my skin, but not breaking it. "This will help with- well, everything," he told me. "You'll feel a small pinch."

Before I could count to three, a large needle was plunged into my neck. Within seconds, I could see blurry images and could wiggle my fingers and toes. The pain was fading at slow rate, so I felt every bit of it until it diminished completely. I felt like I could breathe clearly.

I tried talking, but there was a cloth tied across my mouth, only letting me emit muffled screams. I needed to catch someone's attention, someone who could save me. I had to get out of the place before I was killed. I continued screaming, hoping someone would hear me.

My screams silenced as a shadow fell over me. The man got closer until he was looking down at me through a mask. Once he pulled the mask over his head, I saw that he didn't have a face, which only increased my fear. "Are you ready to die?" he asked, though he had no mouth to move. 

Again, the muffled screams started, calling out for someone to hear me. To save me. I shook my head furiously as the man brought out a large knife. He held it high above his head, ready to stab me. "One. . . Two. . . Th-"

"STILES!"

I immediately shot up in bed, trying to untangle myself from the bed sheets. Looking around, my eyes stopped on the person who woke me. "Derek? What are you doing here?" I asked, slightly out of breath. I felt the sweat covering my face, but chose to ignore it. I was still a little shaken up from the nightmare I had. I could feel myself trembling, so I tried to stop it.