Chapter Four

~ Play the song once you reach the section that has this symbol: 𓆩♡𓆪 ~

Darius shrugs. "The crowd was bugging me."

Valeria looks away, sniffling. "You are the prince. Things of that sort should not bug you."

"The only thing that is bugging me is seeing you cry. Not that I care, but it's rather a strange sight to see. Usually, it's you making other people cry." Darius takes this time to note the fact that Valeria had said his name. Usually, Valeria was a very proper person. No matter how long she had known him, she would always address him as 'your highness'. Darius didn't like to admit it, but he hated when Valeria was so formal with him. It was a pain in the ass.

"Fuck you."

Maybe not so proper.

"I'm available any time of the week, darling."

Valeria scoffs. "Unbelievable." She mutters. Valeria tries to calm herself down a bit, but images of Edmund laughing with Diana made her cry even more. She hated crying, and she hated it even more that she was crying in front of her sworn enemy.

Darius sighs, rolling his eyes. He grabs a handkerchief from his coat pocket, and walks up towards Valeria. Valeria looks up, her eyes tear filled and her makeup ruined. Darius starts wiping her tears away. It took some time to process what Darius was doing, but once Valeria did, she pushed him away.

"What in the world do you think you are doing?" She asks, wiping her tears away before Darius takes her wrists to stop her.

"Your makeup is all smudged. You look like shit." He starts wiping her face again. Valeria protests but stays still anyway. She couldn't fight a prince, no way.

Once Darius is done wiping her face, he goes to the cabinet in the room, taking two glasses out. "A drink?"

Valeria shakes her head, but Darius pours her one anyway. He hands her the glass. "Cheers." He downs the drink in one shot. Valeria just swirls her glass, looking at the liquid inside. Darius sighs, setting his glass down. "I get that you're serious and everything, but this is just damn right depressing." He leans against the wall, right beside Valeria. "Shouldn't you be coveting around Edmund right now?"

"I don't covet around anyone." Valeria says, taking a small sip from her drink. She makes a face. It was whiskey. "Besides, Edmund is currently dancing with my sister."

Darius nods slowly. "Ah, I see."

Valeria looks at Darius. "You already knew."

"I didn't know anything." He says, raising his hands in protest.

She scoffs. "Honestly, why should I be surprised? You are a dick, I should not have expected you to tell me anything." Another sniffle.

Darius takes Valeria's glass, taking a sip from it. "I'm not a dick. You were going to find out one way or another."

"See? That right there is the reason why you are a dick. You feel no sympathy, you lack kindness. The rumors about you are true, to nobody's surprise."

He frowns. "I'm just being real. And if I'm being honest, I thought you would figure it out sooner. They are painfully obvious."

"I am the most detail oriented person ever. How could I not notice?" She felt her eyes swelling up with tears again. "I thought he liked me."

Both stay silent as Valeria tries hard not to cry again. She trembles a bit, wondering if it was because of the coldness of the room (it was seventy-seven degrees).